User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What Prednisone does to your body, or atleast what it did to mine *disturbing pics!*

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by carriej22 View Post
    Thanks folks, it means a lot. Not to mention I am having a hard time dealing with the fact that I have a disease, and that there really is something horribly wrong with me.
    Carrie, if I was your age with this disease, I'd feel and probably speak out just like you. It's hard enough to accept 'something's wrong' with me, but at your age, I cannot imagine the anger at what's been taken away from you. On the other hand, your choices are few...but, just think how tough you'll be by the time you are 'our' ages on here! LOL! NOT speaking for everyone...jeez! Now...where's that coffee...??????
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, Don, you and your coffee!! Actually I'm having my first of the day right now.

Carrie, I admire you so much for all that you've done at your age.... buying a house, starting a successful business, and marrying a great guy! It does seem so unfair that WG has so negatively changed the life that you should be enjoying as a result of all that. You have every right to be angry and to vent as much as you want on here. That is part of what this forum is for, and we are here to listen.

I think it is very reasonable to hope and expect that you will be in remission while you are still in your twenties, and will be able to get back to your old life of having fun and being fully involved in your work, whatever it may ultimately turn out to be. We older folks may be doing pretty much what we'd be doing anyway.... not a whole lot (not speaking for everyone!). But you have a whole life ahead of you. I'm anxious to see how you are doing in 6 months. In the meantime, I hope you are getting the best medical care you can. (I know I'm not, and could try harder to do so, but am doing OK, so I continue to procrastinate....)
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345