Thread: Insurance

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Insurance

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and was wondering how insurance works for WG treatment? I know some insurances will cover Rituxan, but I was wondering if anyone could explain the process to me. How expensive is Rituxan and how well is it reimbursed? Do doctors receive the full reimbursement from insurance companies?

I apologize if this doesn't make much sense, but I'm just trying to get a handle on coverage levels.

Also, is treatment the most expensive part of Wegener's or are all of the routine tests more costly?

Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your clinic has several patients with GPA their insurance department can probably answer most of you questions. Calling the number on the back of your insurance card can some times yield helpful info but often they will want a claim or request for actual services before giving any definite answers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi epavelle,

I could tell you lots but I am guessing you're from the US. I'm from Canada so my reality with the meds and doctors is different from yours, but here's something from the US that might help you out in one way or another:
    Diseases and Medications | HealthWell Foundation