Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Happy Thanksgiving Day!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Happy Thanksgiving Day!

I know this is an American Holiday but heard some other places have started doing it too.

It is a good time to practice gratitude and give thanks for the good things we still do have. I know I am much better today than I was a couple years ago shortly after diagnosis and trying to get into a drug induced remission.

I am also very fortunate in many other ways compared to most of the people in the world as a brief review of world news will confirm.

What are you most thankful for in your life today?
    Last edited by drz; 11-23-2012 at 12:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We don't celebrate it here, but I wish everyone in the USA happy Thanksgiving!

I agree with you it's good to practice gratitude, drz...
    I'm also much better then I was a few years ago, and my Wegener's symptoms are at ease at the moment,
    so I'm very grateful.
    Living with WG/GPA since june 2010...

rif Guest

Wishing all of you in the US a happy thanksgiving.

The thing I am most thankful for is our fabulous NHS Doctors and Nurses who saved my sons life when he was initially diagnosed with WG and spent many weeks in Intensive Care sedated and attached to a ventilator and numerous machines, he nearly died several times during that period but their skill and dedication in keeping him alive is something I can never repay. I know the NHS has issues over here but they were and still are responsible for keeping my son alive.
    They gave me my son back.

Rif

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No thanksgiving celebrations in Australia either but I do wish everyone in the US a happy, safe thanksgiving.........and I will be there on Saturday to help you all celebrate

There are so many things that I am thankful for...........thankful that I found this forum, for one, when I was first diagnosed. It was a life saver, knowing that I didn't have to believe what google told me. It did take me a while to join though.
    I am also thankful for all of you.
    I am thankful for the miracles of medicine and medical breakthroughs and the thought that one day we will all be in remission, because of them.

Good health to you all
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drz, ChrisTIn, Rif, and Mishb,

Like you, I'm grateful to have found this forum for the friendships, advice, hope, and support it provides. I'm also grateful for the support of my family, great doctors, and effective medications. All of these have enabled me to lead a life that is pretty similar to what I had before I got sick.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thankful for the health that I do have, despite Wegs. And I'm thankful for the existence of this forum. I can't imagine dealing with Wegs without it.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am also so thankful for all of you to talk to, I was so scared when first googled and read about this but everyone lets me know there is life after wg.
    I am also thankful I still have my mother and other family members still alive to love.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debra C View Post
    I am also so thankful there is life after wg.
    Debra, you are sooo right about the thankfulness...my WG experiences have certainly transformed some curmudgeonly ways I used to have & hold to! But, sadly, there is a mistruth here: at this time there is no life as we know it after wg...sighs...we all hope for more, but not at this time...
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT