Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apple Cider Vinegar

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Apple Cider Vinegar

A couple of my friends swear that taking 1tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar a day is good for them and helps fight cold/etc... Does anyone here have any information about this? or know if its safe for patients with WG to take?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it is safe for us Weggies. A friend of mine has taken it for many years. I have not seen him sick in over 20 years.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remeber taking it years ago. Can not remember what the benefits were supposed to be.
    Last edited by julia; 11-19-2012 at 05:20 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've read about many possible benefits, but don't remember them all. There's been discussion on here about it before. I remember people saying you should get a certain kind.... good quality stuff from a health food store, with the "mother" something still in it, a blob of residue from the fermenting process at the bottom of the bottle. This would be worth a search of the archives.... I don't have time now, but maybe someone will chime in. Sangye?
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thx for the info. I'll look back in the archives and see what I can find!
    I can also ask Dr. Langford when I see her, but I already know what she is going to tell me. If you get it at a health food store don't take it. LOL.
    My hand pain is just really bad and I don't want to start the meds they prescribed for me (pred and celebrex)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My podiatrist said it is helpful to soak your feet in it to get rid of fungus infections on toe nails.

I have also read it is helpful to treat indigestion and upset stomach. I bought some but haven't got in habit of using it regularly. Not sure how it interacts with other meds?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Camper View Post
    Thx for the info. I'll look back in the archives and see what I can find!
    I can also ask Dr. Langford when I see her, but I already know what she is going to tell me. If you get it at a health food store don't take it. LOL.
    My hand pain is just really bad and I don't want to start the meds they prescribed for me (pred and celebrex)
    Well, it's just vinegar, I don't see how it could hurt... you could put it in your salad dressing. I have done Google searches on A.C. vinegar, too, with lots of various results... that was way back pre-Wegs-dx when I was constantly having sinus infections and heard it could help those.

When I was having hand pain and other joint pain, pre-Wegs-dx, I found that 5mg pred daily helped A LOT. But of course that was when pred was not a constant companion like it is now, and 5mg seemed like a very small amount. I prescribed it for myself and ordered it online from a Canadian pharmacy! Not a good idea but it worked for me. I have never taken Celebrex so can't comment on that.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love it and put it in a lot of recipes and especially salads.
    "Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died." - Erma Bombeck

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HopeinTN View Post
    I love it and put it in a lot of recipes and especially salads.
    I love Vinegar also, when I was little my Mom made us have a teaspoon of vinegar, a teaspoon of honey and a teaspoon of sesame seeds every morning. Not bad but it felt like medicine. She said that the vinegar and honey would keep us from getting a cold and the sesame seeds would make us stronger mentally.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwarrior View Post
    I love Vinegar also, when I was little my Mom made us have a teaspoon of vinegar, a teaspoon of honey and a teaspoon of sesame seeds every morning. Not bad but it felt like medicine. She said that the vinegar and honey would keep us from getting a cold and the sesame seeds would make us stronger mentally.
    Did it work ??!!
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast