Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apple Cider Vinegar

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ACV helps correct the body's pH, which alleviates stiffness and can help prevent colds and infections, and can correct acid reflux as long as it's not caused by pred. It's perfectly fine for Weggies to take. Get a raw, unfiltered type that has the "mother" floating in it-- a yucky looking blob that has all the live nutrients. It's also much milder tasting than a grocery store distilled brand. 1-2 tablespoons a day is plenty. You can put it in a glass of water with honey and drink it down, or use it as salad dressing. Doesn't matter. Just don't cook it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    ACV helps correct the body's pH, which alleviates stiffness and can help prevent colds and infections, and can correct acid reflux as long as it's not caused by pred. It's perfectly fine for Weggies to take. Get a raw, unfiltered type that has the "mother" floating in it-- a yucky looking blob that has all the live nutrients. It's also much milder tasting than a grocery store distilled brand. 1-2 tablespoons a day is plenty. You can put it in a glass of water with honey and drink it down, or use it as salad dressing. Doesn't matter. Just don't cook it.
    She's back! Thanks for that clarification about the "mother".
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL I figured I better mop up my reputation while I still can.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL I figured I better mop up my reputation while I still can.
    And will you be using apple cider vinegar to mop it up??? LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought I'd get the "mother" to do that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now the word "Mother" has a new connotation. The statement that it tastes milder too is important since the distilled stuff is rather strong tasting, but it is probably better though for foot soaks to get rid of fungus on toe nails.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12