Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I have good news to share

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lisa, you talk all you want and we will happily listen, as I am sure your husband and family do to. What joy it must be to feel "normal" again. Enjoy your freedom.
    With happiness,
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was diagnosed with Wegener's Granulomatosis 11 years ago. At that time I had involvement with my kidneys and upper airway (sub glottis stenosis). My kidneys improved with treatment but I have continued to have chronic issues with my upper airway. I don't go into remission so I have IV therapy and prednisone therapy 3 to 4 times a year. I took an early retirement due to all the medical issues and treatments I receive. I use to enjoy singing very much and I sang for weddings and funerals in the church choir, etc. Now I no longer sing at any event as my voice has changed so drastically. It's not the end of the world by any means but I feel like a pretty important part of my life that brought a lot of joy has been stolen, taken away so abruptly like a thief in the night! There are so many issues that individuals who don't respond to therapy go through on a daily basis. This whole thing has been life altering but I thank God I still get up everyday and can contribute something to being a part of this global community! I hope to hear from other WG patients and hear their stories we can help support each other and maybe make getting through the daily grind just a little easier for everyone! Thx...Kathy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh and I forgot to say congrats to you Lisa for getting your tracheotomy out after such a long ordeal! How great you must feel and you just keep on smiling and let the world know you're alive and happy!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123