User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: just diagnosed and got lots of questions!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi All

Thanks again for all your lovely words, ive had a very positive couple of weeks :-) i love the spoons theory and have been using it, i have sundays as spoon polishing days (i do nothing at all to prepare me for the week, and ive been remaining very very calm, no stress and actually from being the worlds biggest stress head before im finding things happen so much easier when you just dont stress. Instead of shouting at the kids for drawing on the wall this morning, i commented on what a lovely picture it was, and how id prefer it on a piece of paper, but hey go and get some wipes and clean it off, within 5 minutes walls were clean, kids happy and me serene!!

My pred has been reduced to 45mg and i am reducing it 5mg every fortnight, ears are still a little tender but im feeling much less foggy with the lesser pred, and this last week i went up to 20mg of mtx and i didn't feel at all nauseaus like i have been, actually without wanting to jinx it i think its working :-)

Just need to find the energy to get through xmas, without alcohol and all will be good. x

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like the "spoon polishing" days idea.

What a great way to respond to your kids' misbehavior. It reminds me of what my teacher used to tell her kids: "Now you know something you didn't know before!" Imagine if we were all raised in such loving and compassionate ways. Thank you for doing that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smithy - you know i can't book into a hotel now without thinking of you !!!

Great (and important) to keep the stress down when you can - love your reaction - Banksy eat your heart out!( Banksy for our overseas friends)

Christmas can be a 'doddle'. Just plan it in advance. Prep the veg in advance of the day. The table can be laid in advance. Just work out a written timed schedule and most of all, don't forget to kidnap anyone who is passing/visiting and get them to help you. Most important is to "run out of spoons" when the question of washing up is raised There are benefits with WG. lol

I know i may get a bit of 'flack' here but IMO a G +T or two or glasses of wine will NOT kill you. It's the reqular consumption that will kill off your liver (and you) with Mtx. A life is for living and no way am i going to be 100% goody two shoes with the rules. HOWEVER, I will respect this WG and try not to 'piss it off' too much I am on 25mg Mtx injection weekly for the past three years and have no reaction to the odd glass here and there.

I'm sure it will go well....and if it goes wrong? Christmas in a hotel or cruise sound good next year!

Have a great time.
    Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.
    Jim Carrey

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My doc did not tell me, and I did not ask him, whether I could drink alcohol with MTX. The info sheet that comes with the drug implies that you should "avoid" it but is a little vague about how big a deal this is. I have not presently been drinking because I have not felt like it, but I did a bit during the summer and nothing happened. I, too, have the feeling that a glass or two of wine here and there is probably OK, as long as we keep in mind that both MTX and alcohol can affect the liver over time and that caution is advised when combining the two.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My rheumy said no alcohol at all, but also added that the British protocol would allow one or two drinks per month. I've been drinking 2-3 non alcoholic beers per week as a substitute. I like Kaliber (Guiness) and Buckler (Heinneken). I've had no problems. I'll probably have a glass of wine on New Year's Eve. I'm taking 15 mg/ wk of mtx with no issues.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567