Hi very positive at the ENT today, first time ive seen him since i got the results and he was very apologetic about the previous treatment ive received. I have had my hearing tested but was unable to get a copy of the audiology report, they dont like giving you medical records!!

My hearing loss is classed on the higher moderate loss scale, between 75 and 60 decibels i responded too, which is a slight improvement on before! my cochlear bits all were normal so its just a problem with the sound getting into the ear, (im not sure of all the technical terms!)

Im having some lovely nhs hearing aids for the time being, but my ent man has sugested some bone anchored aids as my ears are still pretty raw inside from the infections and operations that i have had and bone anchored ones i could still use with a flare up, he said the op was relatively minor (if you ignore screwing titanium screws into my skull!!) i know nothing about bone anchored aids, but i am meeting with him after xmas to discuss these again with him, and to monitor all my other ENT bits and treatment ive been having.

Still taking my 50mg of pred, and waiting for the rhumetologist to get back to me! 5mg reduction sounds much better to me, i know last time i was on them for my palsy the I was weaned 20mg a day every three days and it hit me like a brick!!

Thanks again, i feel much more positive about my 'new normal' now