Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nasal Surgery

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Nasal Surgery

I’ve been using the saline gel to keep my nose moist, to see if that will help with the nose bleeds. No dice. I saw the ENT again today (ahead of schedule) at my Rheumy’s suggestion. Her thoughts were, we need to go ahead with a biopsy in the event it’s Weg’s. If it is, we know the treatment of Cytoxan over the last year is doing what it’s supposed to do. If it’s not, we know it’s working and we can think about tapering the Cytoxan. Hopefully, either way, my nose will stop bleeding.

Does this sound right? Is the surgery that bad? Remember, I don’t currently have any sinus issues aside from the recent start (Aug) of nose bleeds. Everything looks great on CT and with the nasal camera, aside from a few spots, that could be the cause of the nose bleeds.

They are calling me later to schedule the surgery. Wish me luck.
    "Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died." - Erma Bombeck

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck!
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck , hope they can find out why your nose bleeds .
    Diagnosed March 2001 ... WG Involvement - Ears . Sinus ( saddle nose) , eye ( blind Left )
    currently on 5 mg Pred , Myfortex 6x360mg/d , Fosamax 70mg .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand...they say if is is then the ctx over the last year is working...if it was working why are u getting nose bleeds.It seems like it should be the other way around, that the ctx isn't working that's why it's gone to your sinuses. I'm confused. But good luck and hope they get it figured out...
    Getting ready to watch the CMA's now..did u get alot of snow from Sandy ?
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to confuse. I really meant that if it's Weg's, then no, the treatment hasn't been working. I don't think it is, but this is the only sure way to know.

The surgery isn't that bad is it?

Thanks and sorry again for the confusion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debra- I haven't been watching the CMA's but I did sit in a massive traffice jam on my way home from work as a result of them being downtown. No snow from Sandy but we did get our first frost and high winds. A few hours East towards the Smokies, that's a different story. They got some snow. Did you get any after effects from Sandy?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are only doing a biopsy right? That shouldn't be too bad although I never had one on my nose just my lungs so I can't say from experience there.
    We had alot of wind and rain but no damage.Tried to pm drz to see how he is but no word from him.
    The show (CMA) was pretty good last night...I was soooooooooo glad Taylor Swift didn't win anything,I am so sick of hearing about her.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The plan is for a biopsy and to clean out a few things. He said it should take about an hour. Our main goal is tissue samples. I've had the lung biopsy (open lung biospy and lobectomy) and this will seem like a stroll on the beach.

Oh, I hope Drz is ok. Where soes he live?

Me too. She shot a commercial a few houses down from me (a very small vacant home) and the traffic getting home made me not like her that day. The girls in the neighborhood loved it. She did come out and sign autographs and take pics. I'm not a huge country fan but I love Pistol Annies, Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean, Kenney and Tim!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HopeinTN View Post
    Sorry to confuse. I really meant that if it's Weg's, then no, the treatment hasn't been working. I don't think it is, but this is the only sure way to know.

The surgery isn't that bad is it?

Thanks and sorry again for the confusion.
    If it is Wegs, which I hope it isn't, then maybe the treatment has kept it from getting worse, to the point where you'd feel you had sinus issues. Sinus issues are said to be hardest to clear up.

As for the nasal biopsy, nothing to fear, having been through it, unless it is a different procedure. In my case, my ENT stayed late in his office and did it on the spot, as soon as he realized by my saddle nose that I probably had Wegs. I don't remember what kind of anesthetic, if any, but it just consisted of him poking and scraping in there and collecting fragments from the hole in the bony part of my septum, and probably other tissues in the area. No cutting, no actual surgery. Just some discomfort from all the poking and scraping. Id' be interested to know if others had a different experience.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't think it is Weg's but we'll know soon enough since the surgery is Tuesday morning. I guess it's something different, as I will be under general anesthesia and in the OR.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast