Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fractured Ribs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Fractured Ribs

Hi all , I have managed to sustain fractured ribs . Woke up on Sunday arov after working all sat night . I had a sore back right in the middle , My flat mate tried to help by picking me up and cracking my back well My back didn't crack My ribs did ! . went to hospital and they just felt them and didnt xray them because I wasnt in to much pain . just take pain killers and rest . Well I was ok most of the day yesty until the afternoon had to go for a drive and holly molly did they get sore really had me worried . Came home and had pain killers and layed straight down. Today I have appointment with GP and going to get them to xray me .
    I didnt even think to tell the Hospital Doctor I seen That I have osteoporosis and that i am immune suppressed ! . Have I got much to worry about ????
    Diagnosed March 2001 ... WG Involvement - Ears . Sinus ( saddle nose) , eye ( blind Left )
    currently on 5 mg Pred , Myfortex 6x360mg/d , Fosamax 70mg .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope it's not too bad and you heal up fast.
    "Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died." - Erma Bombeck

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't be too surprised if the treatment is rest and pain medication as needed. There's really not much that can be done for broken ribs. They used to wrap/tape the rib cage, but I don't think they do that any more. Good luck, and I hope the pain goes away quickly.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

felt not to bad today , Had xrays and cant see any obvious break so could be a small hairline fracture , Rest and pain meds joy joy !
    Diagnosed March 2001 ... WG Involvement - Ears . Sinus ( saddle nose) , eye ( blind Left )

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my goodness Natalie! What were you thinking?!

You are lucky you only got some cracked ribs. If Sangye sees this she is going to cry for you dearly and cringe severely.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was trying for a bit of relief from my sore back , accidents happen , I now realize that all the meds over the years really have made me soft ,,,, well my bones ! I know Sangye is going to cringe ..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Natalie..I know what you are going thru...when I was heading up to the Cleveland Clinic I was reaching for something in the way back of my jeep a slide down on my leather seats, hard on my side ,we walked around the zoo all day until I could not take it anymore and told him to take me to the er.They x-rayed and said I had I also had fractured my ribs.And there is nothing u can do for them.They gave me 2 percasets as I was walking out the door...by the time I got to my car ,I was falling over...wasted on those pills..I was so looped I thought I was gonna od in the motel.I was A total mess when I saw my reumy the next day.I had to ask them for ginger ale and crackers so I wouldn't be sick !!! And yr right about driving..it was horrible ! The thing is that was about 4 months ago and if I move the wrong way they still hurt. So take it slow and take the pain meds so you can relax and heal right. Good luck and next try a nice hot shower for yr back ache !!!
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just glad it is only cracked ribs and not something much worse. I hope you heal up well Natalie.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Im feeling A lot better now Im going back to work on Sunday night , Im able to bend down now and my ribs just feel like they are bruised now . Thank god I didnt do anymore damage and looks like I will be over it in an other week ! sweet !