Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pros And Cons Of Cellcept

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Rose, my husband was also on the Sandoz.generic version. I am glad that the generic is working for you, as my husband really struggled. I am glad to hear that you are in remission. My husband had a minor flare about a month and a half back, but is now back in remission. Best of luck to you and your family.Solette

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been on Cellcept since January, following rtx infusions that induced remission. Unfortunately, I'm flaring and was just seen yesterday by Dr. Koening at the U of Utah Vasculitis Center. He was talking to me about Cellcept and the latest studies are showing that it has an inferior performance when compared to methotrexate or azathioprine as a maintenance drug. I've read a couple articles in the last few weeks that indicated the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been on Cellcept for 4 years and have found it beneficial. I do agree with others in the forum that the Roche Brand is better than some generics. In fact, my Rheumy had a patient that was not responding to 4 different generics and find one that she responded too. He is leary on the generic brand of mycophenolate as the formula is the same as per FDA, but how they encapsulate and what other ingredients they use differ from each other. Try to have you doc prescribe Roche Brand Cellcept for a year and see what transpire.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The generic version of Cellcept that I take is made by "Teva". Is anyone familiar with this generic version of CellCept? I saw my Rheumatologist two days ago and he increased the Cellcept from 250 mg. to 500 mg, so I will be taking a total of 500 mg. a day. I hope I don't have any problems with this generic version of Cellcept as my hearing loss is mostly stable and I would like it to remain so.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12