Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My new plans - I'm sharing my crazy ideas so I can be held accountable

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My new plans - I'm sharing my crazy ideas so I can be held accountable

Hi gang,

I was just reading an old PM from Sam and was about to reply to her but then decided to share it with you all and this way I will have to do as much as I can and not jam out.

As you know, I have decided that the only way we'll see a cure for Wegener's is not by researching WG as funding is not there, but looking for the common thread of all autoimmune disease, which affects one in five people, so this stat alone will help create more interest. Last year I organized the first ever Pajama Day to raise awareness for autoimmune disease. Here's a link to what went down The video, pics and write-up of PJ Day and the Evening Fashion/Dance Show « Find The Common Thread This year I have bigger plans. They're so big in fact that Brian doesn't think I'm giving myself enough time but I'm gonna truck on forward and see what happens.

So I'm sharing my plans with you in case you want to jump on board and do something in your corner of the world. Also once it's out there in the ether, it's out there, it can only move forward.

So this year I will have PJ Day on March 1 - the first day of Autoimmune Disease Awareness Month. I want however to have a couple days of a conference or symposium where one day we can have medical pros from various specialties talk to patients, to each other - start a conversation going in Canada. Plus Jasper is a wonderful place to have something like this as it's also good for the soul to be amongst this spectacular nature. The second day I would like to bring in complimentary/alternative practitioners to help people get a better perspective and who knows, it might help many. I've already contacted some. Then on the third day it's PJ Day, it's a Friday and you'll be able to do all sorts of stuff in your PJ's and I'd like to have it end in a big dinner where I will try and get some of the people presenting join us and I'll try and get some other celebs to come out, that way we can sell the seats and hopefully make a few bucks for the cause.

I also have a brilliant idea on how to make a ton of money. I just need someone who is a genius with creating web sites (this one would be very complicated, but totally worth it). Once I get someone working on it, I'll explain in further detail - I'm just searching for that person right now, the one who can make my dream become reality.

There! Now I've said it, so it has to happen.

On a completely different note, my doc is speaking to our provincial government today to push for them to approve RTX for treating vasculitis and that way people who can't pay will have it covered. My doc is awesome and I love her. She so stands up for us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love you so much Marta. I'll start thinking

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow Marta, how do/will you find the time

Thankyou for being an amazing person and for being passionate in the cause.

Keep us updated with your thoughts and I too will start the thinking process.......... as much as one can with a pred head
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since RTX has been recognized as an approved treatment by many other agencies and insurance companies, it ought to be an easy sell to get it approved. I bet the company that makes it could give you a lot of supportive evidence for such a move. Glad to hear about new ideas you are brewing up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow your surely on a mission Marta !! sounds grand ! good on you and hope it all comes together
    Diagnosed March 2001 ... WG Involvement - Ears . Sinus ( saddle nose) , eye ( blind Left )
    currently on 5 mg Pred , Myfortex 6x360mg/d , Fosamax 70mg .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This may said bad but I don't mean it in a bad way ...but it's a shame we haven't heard of any well known person...singer,moviestar or someone high in power with this desease,that would certainly help the cause.But I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy...but theres got to be someone out there,we just haven't heard about them yet
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debra C View Post
    This may said bad but I don't mean it in a bad way ...but it's a shame we haven't heard of any well known person...singer,moviestar or someone high in power with this desease,that would certainly help the cause.But I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy...but theres got to be someone out there,we just haven't heard about them yet
    You are not being bad, I get it.....it would be nice to have a well known spokesperson.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, there's got to be someone well-known out there who has Wegener's.....
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marta, I'm so looking forward to hearing more about your great plans and ideas! There must be someone on here who knows a lot about website design or can point you in the direction of a suitable prospect.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe Nick Cannon (Mariah Carey's husband) has wegeners. He has an autoimmune disease but he hasn't said which one. However he has been in the hospital due to kidney issues and long problems, and had to give up his radio show.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast