Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: My new plans - I'm sharing my crazy ideas so I can be held accountable

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marta, I think it makes all the sense in the world to look at AI diseases as a whole rather than focus on just the one we have. We will get more people's attention that way and be helping more people, plus as you say, there have to be common links and threads.

The slant on things involving the gut and the flora in it is something I need to keep reading over and over in order to digest it (ha, ha). But I know there is a lot of talk about the diet/gut and various diseases already in other circles than our own. I have friends who are very interested in this stuff. I need to keep revisiting the links you send and the info I get from others in order for this all this stuff to sink in. But if society in general finally woke up and became aware of these thing, it could be a revolution!

It is fine that you ramble on (and on). There are always new people on the forum who need to see these things, and the older ones of us need to be reminded and given updates. So, just hold onto the ball and keep running!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ran it by the pool room owner last night and he thought I was nuts.....lol. Oh well, at least I tried. He's old, like 60 or something, so very grumpy and old school.....lol.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marta, I just listened to the audio from CBC about the gut flora stuff, after having looked at the text link you sent a few weeks ago. It is fascinating stuff. However, what really throws me off, and wouldn't you know it, is the involvement of testosterone! I'm not asking you to explain that to me at all, since the people doing the research don't even seem totally sure about how it all works. Just saying there is only so much my Weggie mind can try to understand at once, and I'll keep revisiting all that and keep trying! If all this could lead to a big breakthrough in understanding and treating AI diseases, wouldn't it be great!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    I ran it by the pool room owner last night and he thought I was nuts.....lol. Oh well, at least I tried. He's old, like 60 or something, so very grumpy and old school.....lol.
    What, Phil? "old, like 60 or something?" 60 is the new 50, young man. Or maybe even the new 40. This guy just sounds like a curmudgeon to me. So is there actually a dress code in the pool hall? You'd be wearing shirts and pants, even if they were PJs, and you could wear shoes. Besides, have you noticed how many guys actually go around in PJ bottoms all the time? At least around here, and that's what they look like to me. They are often plaid. A couple of years ago, my beloved 1991 Chevy S-10 Blazer got totalled by a long haired guy in PJ bottoms. Which doesn't give PJs a good name, but we can change that, right?
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then I am in my teens then.....YAY.......not.....lol. He is just weird. He said he wants normality at his place....lol. PJs do look gross in public. Almost as bad as shorts and sweats. My unlcle would say: Shorts should be banned and sweats are for babies and sick people....I agree.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then I am in my teens then.....YAY.......not.....lol. He is just weird. He said he wants normality at his place....lol. PJs do look gross in public. Almost as bad as shorts and sweats. My unlcle would say: Shorts should be banned and sweats are for babies and sick people....I agree.
    Well, it is all relative, I guess. When I was a kid, we girls could not wear jeans except as play or work clothes.... certainly not to school, not even if it snowed (other pants were OK only if it snowed). My mother grew up only wearing them for yardwork and thinking that they were mainly for farm workers or other kinds of laborers. For some reason, boys got to wear jeans to school, no problem. But men in those days did not wear jeans much, either, certainly not to work at professional white collar jobs, which now they can, many times. As long as they are clean and in good shape, with tucked in shirts and belts.

I have to agree, PJs can look gross. Especially on men, with thin fabric. I'm thinking it might be better for PJ day to be in the summer when it's warmer and people are already wearing lightweight clothes. But what's done is done. We can make it work!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya, the way people dress today is downright scandalous.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya, the way people dress today is downright scandalous.
    Oh, I don't know.... but I do see some pretty outrageous stuff at the local farmers market where I sell..... there, you see it all! Some of it really does get on my nerves a bit.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Life changes, cultures change, people change, situations change, health changes...but I still ain't wearing no PJs to a pool hall or anywhere else!!! Go Marta! Send pics!! LOL!
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Don View Post
    Life changes, cultures change, people change, situations change, health changes...but I still ain't wearing no PJs to a pool hall or anywhere else!!! Go Marta! Send pics!! LOL!
    LOL, Don! For those of us who really don't want to wear PJs in public, there have got to be other ways we can contribute to this cause. I saw some pics on one of the links Marta posted, showing people having "walks" for AI disease research, in various cities in the US and Canada. That's another way to get the attention we need, and make some new friends along the way.... and I don't think any of them were wearing PJs!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast