User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All I can say is WOW... There are good people in the world!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default All I can say is WOW... There are good people in the world!

Hi Folks,

I wasn't sure if I should share this as it's personal (and I know a lot people are struggling as I, and why was I the lucky one chosen?) but I thought you guys would understand how wonderful this is for me, and I think people who do good things should be rewarded.. So no point in keeping it hidden from the world.

I live in Eastern Canada, however like most families in Eastern Canada half of our people work west. My Father works for a company out west, he is a welder/foreman. His crew knew that I was sick with wegeners, but my father is quite personal so he didn't really touch on it other than the fact that I was sick and unable to work. Last week, a week before he was due to come home... One of his crew members handed him a cheque. My father questioned the cheque, obviously he thought this was strange receiving a cheque from a co worker.

His crew had been collecting for me! They heard I was sick and one of my friends brothers works for the same company and had also mentioned it. I knew nothing of this - I have never met any of these people other than my father and my friends brother. My Father didn't even know about it, one of the guys (total stranger) on the crew knew about wegeners and knew what it could be like and wanted to start a collection for me.

They raised close to $3000. He could EMT it but he wants to deliver it personally with some cards his crew gave him to give me also. I wrote a huge thank you letter to the company and included pictures of me and my Dad for them to put up. I wasn't sure what else to do. Normally I would feed people but they are a little far away for me to put on a big pot luck

I feel so lucky and blessed, and almost guilty as I am sure there are people who need it more than me. Saying that, with the recent loss of my main job, it will definitely be appreciated. Now I don't need to worry about travelling for my RTX this winter or my bills for a few months.. This will let me relax until after Christmas and start a job hunt in the new year.

Funny how things work out like that in the times when you most need them. After the past few months I've had it's nice to have this weight lifted off my shoulders.. A little financial security for a few months and hope I can get back on my feet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am so happy for you. Thank you for sharing your happiness with us. Please do not feel like there are others who need it worse than you. These hard working people gave from their hearts to you. Not me, not someone else... to you. Accept their gift with all the love and happiness I can tell you are feeling. To do anything else would be insulting for their wonderful intentions followed by their actions.

Thanks for giving us smiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is just beautiful, thankyou for sharing.

You are correct.......there are some lovely, amazing, caring people out there in this big wide world.
    I am so happy that some of these people have found you to share their love and best wishes with.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have been under a lot of stress with this illness, right when you should have been enjoying your new marriage to the fullest! Your father works with a great group of people, and it warms my heart to think that they did that for you. You really deserve it! It should make all your ups and downs a bit easier to take.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Consider it a nice belated wedding gift if that helps. Accepting it graciously probably was also a gift back back to the donors. Nice to hear about the act of kindness.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for sharing the nice story. It's great to hear when nice things happen
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died." - Erma Bombeck

Natural Bridge Station, VA; Grandy, NC (OBX); formerly Fredericksburg, VA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a fabulous story, Carrie, of the compassion of our fellow human beings! You are on the receiving end of an extraordinary group of people! I'm sure it has warmed your heart as much as the rest of us!!

KB
    KB -- "The good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge". Bertrand Russell

Dx in September, 2011. Major involvement: kidneys and lungs. Medical implications: fungal pneumonia, drug-induced hepatitis, allergy to fungal meds, ear infections, sinusitis, gall bladder removal, vitreal detachment, and eye cellulitis. Medial meniscus removal (unrelated to WG). Medications: Rtx, Pred 5.0, Lisinopril, Chlorthalidone, Levothyroxin, Omeprazole.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today I received the card, and all these strangers had written such lovely messages on the inside, outside, and all over the envelope.

I have put it away in my shadow box for times when I'm feeling down, it's funny how strangers I have never even met before can make me feel so wonderful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by carriej22 View Post
    Today I received the card, and all these strangers had written such lovely messages on the inside, outside, and all over the envelope.

I have put it away in my shadow box for times when I'm feeling down, it's funny how strangers I have never even met before can make me feel so wonderful.
    I bet you will pay this act of kindness forward many times too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast