Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rituxan Protocols and Successess or Failures

My rheumy is recommending that I start Rituxan. I read the entire 32 page package insert last night. I also read some of the articles posted on here and looked at the videos of success stories on the Gene-tech web site.

It appears that the recommendation for initial treatment or to get a flare (where I am) under control is the solu-medrol 1000mg a day for 3 days pulse therapy within 14 days prior to Rtx infusion, then 375/m once a week X 4 weeks. Prior to infusion you should get tylenol and benaydryl to prevent reactions.

What are your experiences? Will I feel like poop afterward? I have to keep working so I am thinking that if I do the infusions on Friday afternoon I will have weekend to recover. Will I need this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am going through Rituxan right now (3rd Appt is tomorrow), and I have had side effects. Actually, I have felt really good afterward. I chose Friday as well, since I am still working full time, and that would give me the weekend if need be. The only problem I had, was I got the chills really bad during my first infusion. After that, they gave me 2 Benaydryl, and I had a really good nap.

Good luck to you. I know how scary it can be. this is my first flare, and I just got diagnosed in February. I am still learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwarrior View Post
    My rheumy is recommending that I start Rituxan. I read the entire 32 page package insert last night. I also read some of the articles posted on here and looked at the videos of success stories on the Gene-tech web site.

It appears that the recommendation for initial treatment or to get a flare (where I am) under control is the solu-medrol 1000mg a day for 3 days pulse therapy within 14 days prior to Rtx infusion, then 375/m once a week X 4 weeks. Prior to infusion you should get tylenol and benaydryl to prevent reactions.

What are your experiences? Will I feel like poop afterward? I have to keep working so I am thinking that if I do the infusions on Friday afternoon I will have weekend to recover. Will I need this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Julbkwrm View Post
    I am going through Rituxan right now (3rd Appt is tomorrow), and I have had side effects. Actually, I have felt really good afterward. I chose Friday as well, since I am still working full time, and that would give me the weekend if need be. The only problem I had, was I got the chills really bad during my first infusion. After that, they gave me 2 Benaydryl, and I had a really good nap.

Good luck to you. I know how scary it can be. this is my first flare, and I just got diagnosed in February. I am still learning.
    Thanks for sharing your experience. This is not my first flare but it it is still scary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I should have put NO side effects. I need to learn to type.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would not go for those 3 infusions of solumedrol first. I would prob go with the 4 infusions spaced one week apart.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    I would not go for those 3 infusions of solumedrol first. I would prob go with the 4 infusions spaced one week apart.

Thanks Phil, why not the infusions? This is what the package insert recommends. Too much??? since this is not my first rodeo?