Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stress management

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Stress management

Stress is bad for GPA, WEGS, diabetes, high blood pressure, cancer, and health in general. Stress comes from many things--worry about having a flare or wondering what a new symptom means, difficulty in our relationships with others, our jobs, our finances or lack of financial resources to meet our expenses, problems or health of our family and friends, and many other things like even one's golf score.

So what is your worst cause of stress? And what are you favorite ways to cope with it?

Right now I am try to keep busy to avoid thinking about stressors in my life. I go to our local animal shelter and walk homes dogs or just sit with some and pet them. I read things like local papers and lot of things on internet, journal, try to participate in various social group activities that are available, listen to relaxing music, watch TV shows or movies to distract myself, go for walks or drives to enjoy the beautiful fall colors, talk with others, participate in personal counseling and support groups, and try to help some other people when i can with things and whatever other things I think of that I think might help.
    Last edited by drz; 09-18-2012 at 10:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MUSIC! Always music for me...first thing I consciously asked for in ICU, after I said all my 'helloes'...had no idea where I was...but I digress, was my Ipod...needed my music! I record all kinds of 'themes' on Itunes, download it, and away I go...practice golf with headset on, walk listening to my own concert, Ipod instead of car radio...it has been a major relaxor and a buoyant wave for me in all this WG stuff. Smiles............
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing that exciting for me. I can't stand having earplugs in, so only listen to the music on the radio.

I love Sudoku and get very involved in difficult puzzles.
    I love to read
    I actually love playing the, probably mind numbing, games on facebook.
    ......and I love love a good laugh
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sex and scrabble
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    sex and scrabble
    At the same time????

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sometimes.....
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Natural Bridge Station, VA; Grandy, NC (OBX); formerly Fredericksburg, VA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like what I've seen so far! Add to it a bit of Facebooking (to keep up with friends and family), reading, boating, yard work, cooking, I'm the new secretary of our homeowners' association, traveling, spending time with family, but mostly ... ANYTHING related to spending time with my husband (I still consider myself a newlywed!)!!

KB.
    KB -- "The good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge". Bertrand Russell

Dx in September, 2011. Major involvement: kidneys and lungs. Medical implications: fungal pneumonia, drug-induced hepatitis, allergy to fungal meds, ear infections, sinusitis, gall bladder removal, vitreal detachment, and eye cellulitis. Medial meniscus removal (unrelated to WG). Medications: Rtx, Pred 5.0, Lisinopril, Chlorthalidone, Levothyroxin, Omeprazole.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

" I'm the new secretary of our homeowners' association " - once an administrator always...LOL!
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Natural Bridge Station, VA; Grandy, NC (OBX); formerly Fredericksburg, VA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don -- I knew you'd appreciate my new role. Just started last week! Lol!

KB
    KB -- "The good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge". Bertrand Russell

Dx in September, 2011. Major involvement: kidneys and lungs. Medical implications: fungal pneumonia, drug-induced hepatitis, allergy to fungal meds, ear infections, sinusitis, gall bladder removal, vitreal detachment, and eye cellulitis. Medial meniscus removal (unrelated to WG). Medications: Rtx, Pred 5.0, Lisinopril, Chlorthalidone, Levothyroxin, Omeprazole.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I stress alot, probably too much, but i always have and probably always will.

Things that keep me sane include music - Don we're so alike! I like listening to my own music and mishb i have headphones - i dont like things in my ears.

I swear by my monthly massage, i like reading, singing extrememly badly at the top of my lungs, stand up comedy, musicals, walking the pooch and spending time with my soon to be husband - yep we're gonna get married next year, hopefully after some saddle nose surgery.

I guess just keeping busy is enough to keep the stress at bay - i used to love sitting around doing nothing but now i have to be out doing things, anything!
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast