Thread: sweating and weak

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default sweating and weak

me again from downunder.

Just asking if anybody has the same symptoms, I get weak and I sweat, drip down my back my hair gets wet i feel like everybody is looking at me its terrible. any suggestions.?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sweat from the back of my head and neck from over exertion and excessive heat. Crushing fatigue and night sweats are symptoms of a flare for me.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could be flaring. I report all symptoms to my doc.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greenjanet View Post
    me again from downunder.

Just asking if anybody has the same symptoms, I get weak and I sweat, drip down my back my hair gets wet i feel like everybody is looking at me its terrible. any suggestions.?
    I have those symptoms a lot but for me it means a hypglycemic episode since I have diabetes and that makes my blood glucose levels jump around. I think pred might cause some similar symptoms but there can be other causes and should be checked out so they can figure out most likely cause and recommend some appropriate treatment or plan to prevent those episodes.
    Last edited by drz; 09-14-2012 at 11:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sweat really badly from my hair/back of head when I'm out n about, like when shopping etc. Not really from over exertion but just moving around. It's horrible and I feel like everyone is just looking at me. The moonface doesn't help make me feel any better either :/
    For me, I think the sweating is down to preds. I am on 40 mg at the moment and I remember last time I was on preds I had similar problems, it's a bit like hot flushes you might experience when going thru menopause or something.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by malin View Post
    I sweat really badly from my hair/back of head when I'm out n about, like when shopping etc. Not really from over exertion but just moving around. It's horrible and I feel like everyone is just looking at me. The moonface doesn't help make me feel any better either :/
    For me, I think the sweating is down to preds. I am on 40 mg at the moment and I remember last time I was on preds I had similar problems, it's a bit like hot flushes you might experience when going thru menopause or something.
    I remember some of those when I was in Nursing Home and on higher dosage of prednisone. A couple times the staff had to change my bedding and night clothes since they were drenched like I had spilled water on myself. The feeling of being way too hot and way too cold also happened at times back then and I could go from having no bed covers to asking for heated blankets to warm me up. Ah, the joys of Wegener's and side effects from the treatment. Good times?--nope, but it is great to now be able to look back at them and be thankful some things have changed for the better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep thats it the same isnt it terrible

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greenjanet View Post
    yep thats it the same isnt it terrible
    It is horrible. I am like this all the time but now that I am in the middle of a flair it is worse. I feel like I just want to go home and curl up in my bed with my boxer and pit and grand kids coloring using me as their table.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check the side effects for your meds. I'm guessing some of them will have sweating as a side effect. I think about 7 of my drugs have sweating as a side effect. Yeah, I sweat a lot.... There are times when I'm in a social environment where I don't want to sweat, so I will actually put anti-persperiant on my head and face (really stings when it gets in your eyes). I have also switched out all of my shirts for dri-fit nylon polos.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sweat constantly unless I am doing nothing - it's so disgusting.

I don't sweat at night though, but if I am out or working I am sweating...

Lots of hairspray and a good backcombing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast