Quote Originally Posted by vdub View Post
I, purposely, don't have a lot of friends and I'm not in any "clubs". My closest friend is my wife. We do almost everything together and have a lot of fun doing it. However, she is more social than I am and she does go to book clubs and that sort of stuff.

I don't have a lot of friends or belong to clubs because they can be a drain on your life and they create future commitments that I might not be able to keep or might not want to keep. I have 2 very close friends locally and 3 or 4 close friends at a distance (1,000 miles or more). These are the type of friends I can confide in and the ones that understand when I say I'm not up to doing such-and-such. We talk on the phone often.

My social network is this forum and several lists of e-mail friends. But my best friend is my wife.
This has some good advice which I appreciate since i have to remember to not try over do things. Over scheduling myself can create problems and use up my "spoons."

Are you more socially active recently when you are feeling better? Have you met or made any new friends since this post?