User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Decreasing support and how to find more support.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    All this talk of isolation, loss of friendships, and changed tones of voice hits home with me, too. Although I do see enough people in the course of what I do to not be too isolated. But I must say that this forum has been a blessing in sending me lots of new friends who understand the issues of having WG.
    we are blessed to have you with us Anne. you are such a caring, generous, loving and giving friend. I love you.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    we are blessed to have you with us Anne. you are such a caring, generous, loving and giving friend. I love you.
    Thank you, Alysia. You have all the same qualities you list, and I love you, too!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To Annekt:
    I am going through a bad time. Your words are so supportive. I will let you all know what happens after doctor visit tomorrow.I went to church and prayed, for me and for all of you.
    Good luck and keep your chins up,
    Magnolia

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MAGNOLIA View Post
    To Annekt:
    I am going through a bad time. Your words are so supportive. I will let you all know what happens after doctor visit tomorrow.I went to church and prayed, for me and for all of you.
    Good luck and keep your chins up,
    Magnolia
    I'll be thinking of you, Magnolia. I see you are in Florida and I know there are several others of us in various parts of that state. You might check our Weggie Forum Members Map linked in blue at top of page and see if you can locate anyone near you, and add your name if you choose. I'm pretty sure there are some good WG doctors there, too, hopefully some close to your area. I know that the diagnosis of WG is scary, but don't worry too much, just get plenty of rest and get through the first part of your treatment, and you will find things getting better as you gain more control over the disease. After 4 years, it is just a part of my life, I can live with it, I can still do most of the same things I always could, and can still make my life a good one. Let us know what the doctor says.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Annekt: Sinxw you have been so supportive, i want to thank you. I went to my Rheumy at University of Miami and to Nephrologist.We agreed to start the dialysis today,Please pray for me.
    My best thoughts are with you.
    I was also prescribes 10 mg of presdnisone.....We shall see.
    Magnolia

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MAGNOLIA View Post
    Hi Annekt: Sinxw you have been so supportive, i want to thank you. I went to my Rheumy at University of Miami and to Nephrologist.We agreed to start the dialysis today,Please pray for me.
    My best thoughts are with you.
    I was also prescribes 10 mg of presdnisone.....We shall see.
    Magnolia
    I'm glad to be supportive, Magnolia. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Just getting over the jitters of having it done the first time will no doubt be the worst of it, and then you'll feel okay about it.

If you are only on 10mg. prednisone for your Wegs, that doesn't sound right. But I think this has been talked about before, and maybe there's more to it that I'm not remembering. Report back to us on how things go and we can talk more about that if necessary. Your rheumy at U of Miami should know what he is doing, but we would like to make sure! Even my pulmonologist with little WG experience was able to find out the right meds, in the right amounts, to treat me with when I was first sick. Maybe I'm not remembering all of your history with WG. In any case, good luck!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope all went well with your treatment today ,Magnolia. I said a prayer for you last night that things would go good and you wouldn't have to go through with the dialysis but hopfully this will get your kidneys back in track sooner. Keep us posted.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debra C View Post
    Hope all went well with your treatment today ,Magnolia. I said a prayer for you last night that things would go good and you wouldn't have to go through with the dialysis but hopfully this will get your kidneys back in track sooner. Keep us posted.
    Yes, we would like to hear how it went and how you feel. I hope it went much better than you were expecting, you'll feel more comfortable the next time, and that the problems in your kidneys will be easily reversed.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456