Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Adderall for wegeners fatigue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Adderall for wegeners fatigue.

So my cousin and myself were talking about our illnesses. FYI her run down, lupus, fm, ms, ibs, and neuropathy. Well with her stuff she's fatigued no how much she sleeps its a body tired not mental. As I do. She also has a hard time focusing to do school work, reading, and other such things. As do I that's one of the reasons it takes me months to finish one craft. Well for this she takes adderall and she loves it. So I was wandering your thoughts, if you have tried or are taking?
    "My daughter is closer to me than my skin.. she is the arteries to my heart.. she is my life line.. The reason I breathe.."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alexciasmom View Post
    So my cousin and myself were talking about our illnesses. FYI her run down, lupus, fm, ms, ibs, and neuropathy. Well with her stuff she's fatigued no how much she sleeps its a body tired not mental. As I do. She also has a hard time focusing to do school work, reading, and other such things. As do I that's one of the reasons it takes me months to finish one craft. Well for this she takes adderall and she loves it. So I was wandering your thoughts, if you have tried or are taking?
    Adderall is what they give Attention Deficit folks. It is an amphetimine, being an amphetimine it would be highly addictive.I guess I can see how it would work but I am leary to add any mind or mood altering substances like that. lets see how Sangye weighs in on this one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwarrior View Post
    Adderall is what they give Attention Deficit folks. It is an amphetimine, being an amphetimine it would be highly addictive.I guess I can see how it would work but I am leary to add any mind or mood altering substances like that. lets see how Sangye weighs in on this one.
    It would be a last resort for me. I would try many other things before this. Diet is the main thing to look at as well as other stressors. I would consult a chiro and naturopath first.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sangye says OMG do not do that to your body! That will drain your adrenals over time-- probably quite quickly-- leaving you much more wiped out than you are now. It has a different effect in people with actual ADD due to their underlying chemistry imbalance.

What's your diet like? That's always a good place to start. It's not enough to turn around Wegs fatigue completely, but it might make things more manageable for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Sangye says OMG do not do that to your body! That will drain your adrenals over time-- probably quite quickly-- leaving you much more wiped out than you are now. It has a different effect in people with actual ADD due to their underlying chemistry imbalance.

What's your diet like? That's always a good place to start. It's not enough to turn around Wegs fatigue completely, but it might make things more manageable for you.
    Umm when I can eat I eat a diabetic diet. My sugar is never more than 125.
    "My daughter is closer to me than my skin.. she is the arteries to my heart.. she is my life line.. The reason I breathe.."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But I can't be like some of you. With all the vitamins and health foods. I don't eat bad but im not all eat this much of there's vitamins and minerals and so on. And now im like o there's a pill for that!! Right on!!! I did not use to be. I used to get cavities filled with no drugs. Let alone anything but bare necessity's. Sence Oct 10 when my weggies started I get to the point when I just want a break from my symptoms that heck yeah if there's a drug that can help im trying it!! Many some of you might think im wrong or weak. But that's ok it's my choice and your opinions that I asked for.. So thank you I love reading everyone's different opinions....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not judging your desire to find a solution or feel better-- we all want that. I just don't want to see you go down a road that will wind up harming you.

The "there's a pill for that" kind of thinking is understandable when you have something like Wegs with all its complications. But it's important to remember that every single pill has consequences-- direct side effects, interactions with other drugs, and unseen consequences for the body. It's very easy to start treating side effects or drug interactions as symptoms in their own right with another new drug.

If you could get the same relief from cleaning up your diet and taking a few supplements without the harmful effects of drugs, why would you choose a pill? That's the question to ask yourself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    If you could get the same relief from cleaning up your diet and taking a few supplements without the harmful effects of drugs, why would you choose a pill? That's the question to ask yourself.
    1. cuz sometimes it's cheaper
    2. cuz sometimes it's easier
    3. cuz sometimes it's more effective
    4. cuz sometimes it's more expedient
    5. cuz sometimes I just want a blankety blank BIG MAC w/ LARGE fries!!!!! lmao!!!
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Everything costs you something
    2. Not when you account for all the extra doctor visits now and in the future, insurance calls, pharmacy trips, ER visits, lost time due to side effects, etc..
    3. Sometimes.
    4. Hmmm.
    5. ROTFL

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes mother. Lol