Likes Likes:  0

Thread: R I P Neil Armstrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default R I P Neil Armstrong.

a truly remarkable man who could easily have sought fame and fortune but chose not to do so.i was 17 when i heard him say those historic words. i remember where i was and what i was doing.it was one of those few moments in your life that live with you forever.thank you for that Neil.

Natural Bridge Station, VA; Grandy, NC (OBX); formerly Fredericksburg, VA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, I hadn't heard. My father was a big dog engineer at NASA & we spent plenty of time at space shots and all things related to the space industry. In '69, our family spent a month in LaJolla, CA while my dad was consulting with one of their NASA branches. We were all in the pool at our hotel when my dad called us in to watch the moon landing on TV. How proud we all were to be Americans! His leadership will always be remembered!
    KB -- "The good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge". Bertrand Russell

Dx in September, 2011. Major involvement: kidneys and lungs. Medical implications: fungal pneumonia, drug-induced hepatitis, allergy to fungal meds, ear infections, sinusitis, gall bladder removal, vitreal detachment, and eye cellulitis. Medial meniscus removal (unrelated to WG). Medications: Rtx, Pred 5.0, Lisinopril, Chlorthalidone, Levothyroxin, Omeprazole.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RIP Neil - inspirational.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

R.I.P Neil Armstrong what a man!
    here is a 4 Part Interview With Neil made last year , Great watch for those who have the time and are interested
    CPA Australia presents An Audience with Neil Armstrong
    Diagnosed March 2001 ... WG Involvement - Ears . Sinus ( saddle nose) , eye ( blind Left )
    currently on 5 mg Pred , Myfortex 6x360mg/d , Fosamax 70mg .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crackers View Post
    a truly remarkable man who could easily have sought fame and fortune but chose not to do so.i was 17 when i heard him say those historic words. i remember where i was and what i was doing.it was one of those few moments in your life that live with you forever.thank you for that Neil.
    I remember also, I think this kinda dates some of us. Thanks for posting. Nice to remember a nice piece of our earth history.