Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Support for 2 RTX protocol?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Support for 2 RTX protocol?

Hi! So a variation of a post I have done in the past... I would like to know how many folks have received the 2 dose RTX protocol, and why their doctors support that over the 4 RTX protocol. Also I am not aware of any studies that discuss the effectiveness, but if anyone knows of one please let me know. Thanks!

Anna

rif Guest

Quote Originally Posted by aewaustin View Post
    Hi! So a variation of a post I have done in the past... I would like to know how many folks have received the 2 dose RTX protocol, and why their doctors support that over the 4 RTX protocol. Also I am not aware of any studies that discuss the effectiveness, but if anyone knows of one please let me know. Thanks!

Anna
    Hi

My sons doctors use the 2 dose RTX protocol with gap of two weeks between doses which has proven effective so far. His first 2 dose RTX was after initial diagnosis in Apr/May 2009, then single dose in Sep 2009. Further 2 doses were carried out in Aug/Sep 2011 when tests showed elevation in cells. He attends clinic every two months along with blood tests and everything is presently stable again. He is on 10ml Myco, 5mg Preds and 3000mg Ad-Cal daily. The doctors seem to use the 2 dose RTX for most patients but time between treatments varies person to person so my son has been extremely lucky.

Rif

Natural Bridge Station, VA; Grandy, NC (OBX); formerly Fredericksburg, VA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Anna,

I started with 4x4weeks upon initial diagnosis last Fall. Then six months later I had a 2x2weeks. My rheumy said he saw knew the 2x2 was being used and said he wanted to try it. Medically it made sense and for my time commitment it made sense, too. I tolerated it just fine ...

KB
    KB -- "The good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge". Bertrand Russell

Dx in September, 2011. Major involvement: kidneys and lungs. Medical implications: fungal pneumonia, drug-induced hepatitis, allergy to fungal meds, ear infections, sinusitis, gall bladder removal, vitreal detachment, and eye cellulitis. Medial meniscus removal (unrelated to WG). Medications: Rtx, Pred 5.0, Lisinopril, Chlorthalidone, Levothyroxin, Omeprazole.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys. I am beginning to think that it is just doctors preference and due to time issues I really want to do the 2 vs 4. Just not convinced that 4 is better. Still curious to hear from others as I know quite a few of us have now had RTX.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had the 2 x 2 RTX treatment about 18 months ago - it worked like magic after the failure of cyclophosphamide to get control of the flare.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had the 2 RTX back in April 2011. I had the same amount pumped into me as if I would have had the 4 sessions though.