Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking into Saddle nose Surgey

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad to hear you are happy with your nose, Mama. I thought I remembered there being a problem, you thought it was collapsing again or something... or was that someone else? If that was you, I'm glad it sounds like it worked out OK.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Luck Natalie! We'll keep you in our thoughts and Prayers as I'm sure it's an intensive ordeal!

GL

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes i was the one about it collapsing. my doctor used a bit more cartlidge in one are to help it. now its doing great and starting to look like my self or close to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi All Hope yous are all pushing ahead ,
    last Visit with E.N.T we spoke about how big a job it will be . My surgeon said that he has never attempted a nose such as mine but confident they can do it , he did do one in London about 5 years ago as a group effort , with saying that No other surgeon in My state would of tackled a nose such as mine either, I said that's very reassuring .... told me of the procedure , they will more than likely use rib cartlidge because its stronger than ear cartlidge and easier to mold into shape. the tricky part will be attaching it to the bone I have left at the bridge. Told him That in Previous nose operations they have removed some bone so I have a CT scan booked for dec so they know exactly what they have to work with . . He is going to present My case to board of top Rhinoplasty doctors at there next meeting and get there opinions . I go back in January next year and see that they have come up with.
    Diagnosed March 2001 ... WG Involvement - Ears . Sinus ( saddle nose) , eye ( blind Left )
    currently on 5 mg Pred , Myfortex 6x360mg/d , Fosamax 70mg .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mama2005 View Post
    yes i was the one about it collapsing. my doctor used a bit more cartlidge in one are to help it. now its doing great and starting to look like my self or close to.
    Mama, I'm curious, was that like a whole new surgery, as invasive as the first, or was he able to somehow slip the additional cartilage in there some other way? It's all hard for me to envision.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Natalie..hope all goes well, I'm sure it will...too bad u have to wait so long. Why do u ? Can't they get a scan sooner and get it done sooner than next year ?
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie View Post
    Hi All Hope yous are all pushing ahead ,
    last Visit with E.N.T we spoke about how big a job it will be . My surgeon said that he has never attempted a nose such as mine but confident they can do it , he did do one in London about 5 years ago as a group effort , with saying that No other surgeon in My state would of tackled a nose such as mine either, I said that's very reassuring .... told me of the procedure , they will more than likely use rib cartlidge because its stronger than ear cartlidge and easier to mold into shape. the tricky part will be attaching it to the bone I have left at the bridge. Told him That in Previous nose operations they have removed some bone so I have a CT scan booked for dec so they know exactly what they have to work with . . He is going to present My case to board of top Rhinoplasty doctors at there next meeting and get there opinions . I go back in January next year and see that they have come up with.
    Good luck with this procedure. Sounds encouraging that a panel of top doctors is willing to evaluate your case. Hope they can get a group effort together too for you. You certainly want the best surgeons with the most experience working on you if possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debra C View Post
    Natalie..hope all goes well, I'm sure it will...too bad u have to wait so long. Why do u ? Can't they get a scan sooner and get it done sooner than next year ?
    Thanks Deb . the reason I'm not seeing them till next year is because In November This Year I'm going on Holidays Up North To Cairns for 3 weeks To Watch and photography the Total Solar Eclipse, I had this planed before I found out about going forward with my Nose. I will be using all my annual leave Hours to go To Cairns so will need at least 6 months Back at work to accumulate enough hours to have time off to get the surgery done and recover. There isn't any rush, More Time being in total Remission will only make me stronger ( that's what I think . I have had this nose since 2001 so what's another 6-8 months . the other reason Is My E.N.T surgeon wants to put my case to the other Head Rhino doctors and come up with the best way to approach the procedure , Time gives me strength and them Knowledge Win Win In my book
    Diagnosed March 2001 ... WG Involvement - Ears . Sinus ( saddle nose) , eye ( blind Left )

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    Good luck with this procedure. Sounds encouraging that a panel of top doctors is willing to evaluate your case. Hope they can get a group effort together too for you. You certainly want the best surgeons with the most experience working on you if possible.
    thanks Drz, it is good that they are all going to look over it and a group surgery would be great . I was only thinking to myself a few days ago that I am going to ask The E.N.T Doctor who actually diagnosed me with wegs all those years ago if he could be in theater with me. after all he is the one who has wanted to fix my nose all these year s and he was the one who got the ball rolling . If he is there next visit I will ask him . cant hurt . he has done a few nose ops on me as well so he dose know his way around my head lol .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie View Post
    Thanks Deb . the reason I'm not seeing them till next year is because In November This Year I'm going on Holidays Up North To Cairns for 3 weeks To Watch and photography the Total Solar Eclipse, I had this planed before I found out about going forward with my Nose. I will be using all my annual leave Hours to go To Cairns so will need at least 6 months Back at work to accumulate enough hours to have time off to get the surgery done and recover. There isn't any rush, More Time being in total Remission will only make me stronger ( that's what I think . I have had this nose since 2001 so what's another 6-8 months . the other reason Is My E.N.T surgeon wants to put my case to the other Head Rhino doctors and come up with the best way to approach the procedure , Time gives me strength and them Knowledge Win Win In my book
    WOW, this is one of the coolest vacations ever.....you are amazing, I can't wait to hear how your vacation went and what it was like and it isn't even time for you to go.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast