Likes Likes:  3
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: more crafts i made

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's really something to be able to do all those things.I'm like Light !
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bet you can if you try.
    "My daughter is closer to me than my skin.. she is the arteries to my heart.. she is my life line.. The reason I breathe.."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alexciasmom View Post
    I bet you can if you try.
    Yes, try taking a class in something that doesn't sound too scary.... maybe basket weaving. Or teach yourself to knit or crochet; there are good directions and patterns available. I thing everyone can do something.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I am working on needlework on 2 pillowcases. It says " Believe in your Dreams" with alot of needle work around it.And last year I did make a stocking cap. I just don't have the patience to sit and do it but once I get started I can't quit. I really need to pick it up again,I was hoping to make alot of x-mas gifts but not looking good. My mother-god bless her- can do anything...she'll sit and make afghans,made christmans stockings for all us kids,grand and great-grand,sews,she's amazing to me and she has tried to teach me but no luck.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debra C View Post
    Actually I am working on needlework on 2 pillowcases. It says " Believe in your Dreams" with alot of needle work around it.And last year I did make a stocking cap. I just don't have the patience to sit and do it but once I get started I can't quit. I really need to pick it up again,I was hoping to make alot of x-mas gifts but not looking good. My mother-god bless her- can do anything...she'll sit and make afghans,made christmans stockings for all us kids,grand and great-grand,sews,she's amazing to me and she has tried to teach me but no luck.
    Well once we teach you to post pics you will have to post some. i would so love to see them. i love needle work. i cant do it anymore since i had surgery on both hands and elbows. i so would love to see them.
    "My daughter is closer to me than my skin.. she is the arteries to my heart.. she is my life line.. The reason I breathe.."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today's craft was baking. Home made from scratch Halloween donuts and scratch Halloween window cookies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Yes, try taking a class in something that doesn't sound too scary.... maybe basket weaving. Or teach yourself to knit or crochet; there are good directions and patterns available. I thing everyone can do something.
    The problem is I have a hard time knowing if the "simple" crochet directions are correct. I need to see someone do it and then do it with them watching me. Once I do it I can after that, I am a multi sensory learner when it comes to crafts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwarrior View Post
    The problem is I have a hard time knowing if the "simple" crochet directions are correct. I need to see someone do it and then do it with them watching me. Once I do it I can after that, I am a multi sensory learner when it comes to crafts.
    I'd say that the basic crochet stitches are easier than knitting. If you get results, you are probably doing it right. Start with a winter neck scarf, easy shape to make. There's got to be someone around who can make sure you are doing the stitch correctly.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check out some videos on u tube , great way to teach yourself something new , I have always known how to crochet but I could never make a corner , u tube got me on the right track and I also learnt a few other patterns , I can"t find the video i was referring to but here is a idea of what you can find on there , really easy to understand , and you can pause rewind as much as you like .
    Learn How to Crochet - Part 1 - Basics for the Absolute Beginner (chain, ch, single crochet, sc) - YouTube
    Diagnosed March 2001 ... WG Involvement - Ears . Sinus ( saddle nose) , eye ( blind Left )
    currently on 5 mg Pred , Myfortex 6x360mg/d , Fosamax 70mg .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie View Post
    Check out some videos on u tube , great way to teach yourself something new , I have always known how to crochet but I could never make a corner , u tube got me on the right track and I also learnt a few other patterns , I can"t find the video i was referring to but here is a idea of what you can find on there , really easy to understand , and you can pause rewind as much as you like .
    Learn How to Crochet - Part 1 - Basics for the Absolute Beginner (chain, ch, single crochet, sc) - YouTube
    I'm going to try it. I have needles and yarn and a book I bought a while back before I gave up. Watching a video might be more helpful.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast