Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MTX vs Imuran vs Humira

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you tried a higher dosage of the Imuran? I had to increase my dosage from 150 to 200 since I flared at the the 150 mg dosage. At 200 mg it seemed to get control of my symptoms and Wegs but then I had to cut back to 175 mg since my liver enzymes got too high. I also had to cut back on a cholesterol drug that was also metabolized by the liver.

My pred was tapered to 5 mg and has remained at that level for many months. My lab work has been good and symptoms seem controlled at this dosage so I have been considered in a drug induced remission for over a year now despite several minor surgeries. Hope they find something that helps you feel better!

Aloha.
    Last edited by drz; 08-18-2012 at 12:48 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is active wegs. All symptoms show that you are sliding back so do get to your Mayo doc. BTW, I would seriously talk to the lab that constantly shows negative c-ANCA while the one at Mayo is positive. The lab needs to check its procedures and should stop doing the test until it gets consitent correct values. If you have more than one test that was wrong and correct at the Mayo, take copies and show to the lab manager. Don't leave it with a lab tech but insist on seeing the general manager. Goodnes knows if other tests are done incorectly as well. You maybe saving a life.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi drz,
    Mayo wanted to try higher dosage of imuran so we did. I was on 125 which apparently was high for my body weight. Unfortunately it didn't help me but hurt my liver.

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    Have you tried a higher dosage of the Imuran? I had to increase my dosage from 150 to 200 since I flared at the the 150 mg dosage. At 200 mg it seemed to get control of my symptoms and Wegs but then I had to cut back to 175 mg since my liver enzymes got too high. I also had to cut back on a cholesterol drug that was also metabolized by the liver.

My pred was tapered to 5 mg and has remained at that level for many months. My lab work has been good and symptoms seem controlled at this dosage so I have been considered in a drug induced remission for over a year now despite several minor surgeries. Hope they find something that helps you feel better!

Aloha.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree. I did when about 2 years ago when I first came back from Mayo. I was outraged that I was on so many antibiotics and other medicine with misdiagnosis due to lab error. They say I am alive because my primary put me on (think) 60-80mg prendisone when he saw that I dropped 10+ ilbs in a week or two and was so weak to function.

Quote Originally Posted by jola57 View Post
    This is active wegs. All symptoms show that you are sliding back so do get to your Mayo doc. BTW, I would seriously talk to the lab that constantly shows negative c-ANCA while the one at Mayo is positive. The lab needs to check its procedures and should stop doing the test until it gets consitent correct values. If you have more than one test that was wrong and correct at the Mayo, take copies and show to the lab manager. Don't leave it with a lab tech but insist on seeing the general manager. Goodnes knows if other tests are done incorectly as well. You maybe saving a life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good for you. Lab results are only as good as the techs that perform them. When I was doing Hep C tests years ago, they kept going wrong. At that time it took almost 2 days to do the assay, and 4 concurrent test were out of range. If I made the mistake of trying to "make" the results work because it was taking such a long time, my lab wouldn't find out that we got a bad batch of reagents. The patiens would receive false +ve or -ve results with grave consequences, just like yours. I'm glad you let them know.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jola57 View Post
    Good for you. Lab results are only as good as the techs that perform them. When I was doing Hep C tests years ago, they kept going wrong. At that time it took almost 2 days to do the assay, and 4 concurrent test were out of range. If I made the mistake of trying to "make" the results work because it was taking such a long time, my lab wouldn't find out that we got a bad batch of reagents. The patiens would receive false +ve or -ve results with grave consequences, just like yours. I'm glad you let them know.
    It is important we have confidence in our lab work as well as our doctors. I trust my lab work at Mayo and the other clinics I also use seem to get similar results so I think they all are doing good work. I wonder how someone like Vdub feels about his lab work when he gets it done at many different places when traveling. Has anyone ever asked to have a test repeated or gone elsewhere to have results checked?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only have experience with mtx which put me into remission within a year of diagnosis.

I agree with the others that it sounds like active WG. I do not think that my rheumy ever uses Humira for this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is fantastic that you got in to remission within a year!

It will be four years this December being sick without a day off! I would love a break! Thanks JanW for sharing a great news!

QUOTE=JanW;62514]I only have experience with mtx which put me into remission within a year of diagnosis.

I agree with the others that it sounds like active WG. I do not think that my rheumy ever uses Humira for this.[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sorry that you haven't been feeling well for so long Honestly being remission after a year is not so unusual and I know that many here have achieved this. Most people will gain remission at some point once they get the drug combo right. I hope this happens for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you! Getting married next year in May and want to have kids right after. So my goal is to try all I can to get to remission my next May!

Quote Originally Posted by JanW View Post
    I am sorry that you haven't been feeling well for so long Honestly being remission after a year is not so unusual and I know that many here have achieved this. Most people will gain remission at some point once they get the drug combo right. I hope this happens for you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast