Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: white cells

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default white cells

my white cell blood test is high and neutrophils high also what does this mean?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greenjanet View Post
    my white cell blood test is high and neutrophils high also what does this mean?
    Real high WBC can be sign of infection. If it was real low before, higher readings but still in normal range, might mean you are recovering from a drug like CTX. Your doctor should answer this question in view of your history, current meds, and clinical impressions.
    Last edited by drz; 07-30-2012 at 01:52 AM.

Natural Bridge Station, VA; Grandy, NC (OBX); formerly Fredericksburg, VA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Al would have replied to this, too. I was automatically looking for his response. What's it going to be like without him?

KB
    KB -- "The good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge". Bertrand Russell

Dx in September, 2011. Major involvement: kidneys and lungs. Medical implications: fungal pneumonia, drug-induced hepatitis, allergy to fungal meds, ear infections, sinusitis, gall bladder removal, vitreal detachment, and eye cellulitis. Medial meniscus removal (unrelated to WG). Medications: Rtx, Pred 5.0, Lisinopril, Chlorthalidone, Levothyroxin, Omeprazole.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We went through the same thing with Jack. I still frequently think of Jack and the discussions we had about MG's. Maybe I'll name my MG "Jack".

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't know Jack, but have heard you all talk about him...what was he like?

KB
    KB -- "The good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge". Bertrand Russell

Dx in September, 2011. Major involvement: kidneys and lungs. Medical implications: fungal pneumonia, drug-induced hepatitis, allergy to fungal meds, ear infections, sinusitis, gall bladder removal, vitreal detachment, and eye cellulitis. Medial meniscus removal (unrelated to WG). Medications: Rtx, Pred 5.0, Lisinopril, Chlorthalidone, Levothyroxin, Omeprazole.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, I'm going to need help from everyone on this question....

I didn't know Jack, but have heard you all talk about him...what was he like?
    Jack was in a lot of pain for a long time, but he always had a smile and positive spin on things. We had many off-line discussions and he was so up-beat on everything. He was a little frustrated with some things such as getting a ramp put into his house. He could have engineered the ramp in less than hour, but the brit gov't wanted to take several months to do it.

Jack was always an inspiration and his death hit the forum pretty hard. A lot of us changed our avatars to what Jack had used in rememberance. I suppose it took several weeks before the last one was removed. He was loved and is missed to this day.
    Last edited by vdub; 07-29-2012 at 12:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

errr, what's the question?
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it was about high white blood cells, then im sorry it changed how many people have died on this web site? its so sad and i send my love xx

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My fault, greenjanet. I'm sorry.

KB

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how many people have died on this web site?
    Three..... We started the candle memorial when Jack (UK) passed in Oct 2011, then Param (UAE) in Jan 2012, and now Al (US).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast