Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: white cells

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no probs, i dont know what to say, just keep your chin up, so sorry for your loss .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greenjanet View Post
    my white cell blood test is high and neutrophils high also what does this mean?
    Janet, my white cells and neutrophils were so high at one stage that they sent me to Oncology/Haematology because they thought I had Lympocyctic Leukemia.
    After a few months under their care, they came to realise that it was the inflammation within my body that was causing false results in my blood tests.
    They increased my MTX and the white cells and neutrophils have reduced considerably but are still not within normal range. It can also mean that you have an infection somewhere.

Now I am also taking Plaquenil and I have my first blood test, since starting these, on Wednesday. Will be interesting to see if the results are any better
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is an old thread, but I am hoping that those previously engaged will respond. My daughter has recently been referred to a hemotologist(US spelling,)/oncologist for elevated neutophils as well. She has been suffering from frequent and severe sinus infections, and has been on mid to high levels of oral prednisone and antibiotics to control. I am assuming these might be reasons for the elevation.

Interesting that your doc Rx'd plaquenil Michelle. What were your results?

Many thanks,
    Jane

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Jane,

The plaquenil is for my RA and was working perfectly....... until I started reducing the pred. I think the pred and the plaquenil combined, reduced the joint pain.

I am now at 3mg pred and should be reducing to 2.5mg however my doctor has told me to stop because the inflammation markers have increased again.

As of yesterday, I have increased the plaquenil and not the pred, as it is felt that the increased inflammation and joint pain is from the RA and not wegs.

We will see how this goes.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mishb View Post
    Hi Jane,

The plaquenil is for my RA and was working perfectly....... until I started reducing the pred. I think the pred and the plaquenil combined, reduced the joint pain.

I am now at 3mg pred and should be reducing to 2.5mg however my doctor has told me to stop because the inflammation markers have increased again.

As of yesterday, I have increased the plaquenil and not the pred, as it is felt that the increased inflammation and joint pain is from the RA and not wegs.

We will see how this goes.
    Hi,
    I hope you will feel better. take care of yourself.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll keep the group posted as to Alison's progress...her appointment with the hemotologist is not until 6th of May.....we'll hope for infection induced elevation in the mean time. Hugs!

~Jane

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12