Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Summer Olympics

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

debra the ferris wheel you mentioned is called the london eye and it is a permanent feature.the opening ceremony is available to watch on the bbci player.if you google it you should find it.
    john.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw the rickshaw driver getting pix taken with some Chinese athletes. He had a big smile. I hope some one gives him a quick ride back home. Maybe they have an empty seat on one of their planes. They (Chinese athletes) sure are raking in the metals. It seems sort of embarrassing to Russia who used to dominate many events and compete for top spot in most gold metals.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crackers View Post
    debra the ferris wheel you mentioned is called the london eye and it is a permanent feature.the opening ceremony is available to watch on the bbci player.if you google it you should find it.
    john.
    i hate ferris wheels..I'm always afraid I'm going to fall off,,but being closed in like that I would love to go on it. Have u been on it..I'm sure u have.Thanks for the info about the website I'll have to look it up. Cheers !!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    I saw the rickshaw driver getting pix taken with some Chinese athletes. He had a big smile. I hope some one gives him a quick ride back home. Maybe they have an empty seat on one of their planes. They (Chinese athletes) sure are raking in the metals. It seems sort of embarrassing to Russia who used to dominate many events and compete for top spot in most gold metals.
    I bet that driver was so happy getting to met the athletes..that would be nice if they would give him a ride back. Yea China is kicking butt there. I saw on the news tonight how they start training their athletes at a very young age and very strict. They should pix of them being hit with sticks to straighten up more and one father said he hasn't seen his child in 6 years.Thats a bit extreme to me

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found out one can find some highlights or real fast summaries of some events on You tube. I watched the girls beach volley game highlights for one set in less than five minutes. Great way to enjoy some of the events if time is real limited.

Natural Bridge Station, VA; Grandy, NC (OBX); formerly Fredericksburg, VA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like you all, I've had a great time watching the Olympics. The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat! What is that quote from?!! I must say the US women have really done well. Many inspirational stories, too! I noticed a lot of the world class athletes train in the US. While the athletes are very competitive, they are also gracious and respectful of one another. Impressive two weeks!
    KB -- "The good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge". Bertrand Russell

Dx in September, 2011. Major involvement: kidneys and lungs. Medical implications: fungal pneumonia, drug-induced hepatitis, allergy to fungal meds, ear infections, sinusitis, gall bladder removal, vitreal detachment, and eye cellulitis. Medial meniscus removal (unrelated to WG). Medications: Rtx, Pred 5.0, Lisinopril, Chlorthalidone, Levothyroxin, Omeprazole.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That quote is from the opening of the show that used to air called "Wide World of Sports" that ran for a long time. I think it started in the 60's. The opening showed a terrible skiing crash that is etched on my memory!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh ya, ABC's Wide World of Sports.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Natural Bridge Station, VA; Grandy, NC (OBX); formerly Fredericksburg, VA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You both get the gold medal!! Yes, Wide World of Sports! And that ski jump wipeout happens when the announcer says "the agony of defeat!". Now, who was the announcer?!
    KB -- "The good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge". Bertrand Russell

Dx in September, 2011. Major involvement: kidneys and lungs. Medical implications: fungal pneumonia, drug-induced hepatitis, allergy to fungal meds, ear infections, sinusitis, gall bladder removal, vitreal detachment, and eye cellulitis. Medial meniscus removal (unrelated to WG). Medications: Rtx, Pred 5.0, Lisinopril, Chlorthalidone, Levothyroxin, Omeprazole.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12