Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: News of our beloved Al -- sent from his wife, Eileen

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh what a shock. So sorry to Al's friends and family.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh no. My hearts breaks at this news. He was so funny, warm, caring... Always having the answer to any question. He will be missed by so many. I will keep his family in my heart. So truly sad.
    "Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died." - Erma Bombeck

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So sorry to hear this news. My prayers are with Al's wife and family.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since reading on July 28 about Al's passing I have delayed in sending a response. I am still at a loss for words. Among many other things, Al was a very clear thinker, an accomplished essayist and one who was sincerely interested in everyone's well being. His private e-mails to us, and I am sure to many others, were always very helpful, thoughtful, thorough and above all else, personal. He was a very good friend I never met face-to-face.

I had things I planned on saying to and sharing with Al but well...there was always tomorrow. I am about to hit submit on this post knowing full well that Al would be the first to respond were he still in this world. Now, like the rest of us I can only imagine..."what would Al have said and done"?

God speed my friend thank you for all your help!

My deepest condolences to Eileen and the rest of Al's family whom he clearly cared so deeply for.

Brian

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once again i am in shock as to how quickly someone can be taken from this world from complications relating to WG.

Like someone else has stated a few things Al said often went over my head but i was always greatful for his contributions to any subject i needed help or clarification with. He was definitely the brains of the group and will be missed.

I dont quite know what to say!
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

condolences to Al's Family and Friends what a shock ! very sad RIP Al
    Diagnosed March 2001 ... WG Involvement - Ears . Sinus ( saddle nose) , eye ( blind Left )
    currently on 5 mg Pred , Myfortex 6x360mg/d , Fosamax 70mg .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Checked my emails last night and saw a notification from Drz regarding Al. My heart skipped a beat when I read about it. Although I don't be on the forum much anymore, I do know that he seemed to be a very kind, giving man with a lot of knowledge which he shared with everybody along with sound advice and kind words. He gave a lot of his time to trying to help others and I always noticed how he replied to everybody which does really help to make people feel that they are being listened to and to help make them feel more welcome and included in the group which he did magnificently. Without people like Al, the forum would not be a success as you need a certain number of people to be the glue in the group, bonding everybody together. I feel for his family, it is those that are left behind that have to live each day in pain. I hope he did not suffer and that he had a chance to say goodbye to his family especially when it was so sudden. Another life lost to this evil disease. I am sure he will be sadly missed by all he tried to help and for a lot of people who considered him a friend and comrade in the fight against wegeners. May he rest in peace.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

" To live in the hearts of those you loved is never to die."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by watersedge View Post
    Checked my emails last night and saw a notification from Drz regarding Al. My heart skipped a beat when I read about it. Although I don't be on the forum much anymore, I do know that he seemed to be a very kind, giving man with a lot of knowledge which he shared with everybody along with sound advice and kind words. He gave a lot of his time to trying to help others and I always noticed how he replied to everybody which does really help to make people feel that they are being listened to and to help make them feel more welcome and included in the group which he did magnificently. Without people like Al, the forum would not be a success as you need a certain number of people to be the glue in the group, bonding everybody together. I feel for his family, it is those that are left behind that have to live each day in pain. I hope he did not suffer and that he had a chance to say goodbye to his family especially when it was so sudden. Another life lost to this evil disease. I am sure he will be sadly missed by all he tried to help and for a lot of people who considered him a friend and comrade in the fight against wegeners. May he rest in peace.

This sounds like a great summary and tribute to Al. There are several other good quotes in here that the family could also use to give a sense of how we felt about Al and his sudden departure from us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    This sounds like a great summary and tribute to Al. There are several other good quotes in here that the family could also use to give a sense of how we felt about Al and his sudden departure from us.
    I agree. This is a concise and complete expression of what Al meant to our forum and to us as individuals.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast