User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what age did you first have this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, Betska, a "superbug" could trigger a flare, but then again, a plain old ordinary bug can do the trick as well. Indeed, the presence on an infection and the onset (or recurrence) of disease are often quite separate in time. So anything that causes an immune response can induce a flare.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    Yes, Betska, a "superbug" could trigger a flare, but then again, a plain old ordinary bug can do the trick as well. Indeed, the presence on an infection and the onset (or recurrence) of disease are often quite separate in time. So anything that causes an immune response can induce a flare.

Al
    Come to think of it, I got a "plain old ordinary bug" a few weeks before I got the "superbug" in my ears which ushered in the really observable symptoms that turned out to be Wegs. This was just a mild late-summer cold, but not common for me. There was a lingering cough, and then I went to a Catholic funeral where there was heavy incense dispensed very near me, which REALLY made me cough, and a week or so later I came down with the double ear infection. I've also wondered if the incense had anything to do with the triggering of Wegs.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My sinus infection (the start of all this) was on the night of my fathers funeral........and yes, I was sitting next to the incense.

So there we have it.......the answer to all of our questions...........WG is triggered from incense.

Now to collect our millions of dollars......who needs scientists anyway
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sinus infections started in '08. I had a raging headache in '10 and was diagnosed shortly after brain surgery in Apr2010 at age 59.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mishb View Post
    My sinus infection (the start of all this) was on the night of my fathers funeral........and yes, I was sitting next to the incense.

So there we have it.......the answer to all of our questions...........WG is triggered from incense.

Now to collect our millions of dollars......who needs scientists anyway
    Wow, that is pretty funny Michelle, in a dark sort of way! The funeral I went to was my cousin's. I remember asking the priest later at the reception where the incense came from, since I knew it was special Church incense and not your garden variety stuff. He told me what Asian country it is made in, I think, but I don't remember. So, getting back to your original point, going to a relative's funeral and sitting too near the incense can trigger Wegs! Who knew? And yes, where's our research money?
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=mishb;61641the answer to all of our questions...........WG is triggered from incense[/QUOTE]

OMG! I was an altar boy in grade school and always had to carry the incenser cuz I was taller...I knew it, I knew it...but won't say it here!! LMAO!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My daughter was diagnosed a month before her 3rd birthday. Her kidneys and lungs are affected.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is your daughter doing Ashley?
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diagnosed at 20 . Now 55.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow so living a long time with it and most likely seeing new treatments and improovements? Your poor little girl Ashley I find it hard on my nephews bad days and all the treatments being so agressive not to mention painful but for a 3yr old? gosh. Lets hope they find something for her soon. Someone posted any infection can make WG reoccur, and it dawned on me a month before this 3rd episode hit my nephew he had a real terrible flu bug, plus even though I thought it was really not a good idea, he asked the renal clinic could he drink a muscle bulking protein shake each day and she for some bizzar reason said it was fine, there was so many things in that shake that are No No for kidney health So I kinda feel the bad flu followed by that drink and bam! oh and I asked today on first test this time his creaton was 180, not 160 its now down to 154 so a really long way to go. I found info on ancient chinese food cures and yin/yang body number balance and simple things that wont hurt he will try eat and see if it helps at all. It was funny we talked all about benefits of healthy eating,fruit vegies salads lots n lots water and then he grabbed a massive pack of twisties asking can he take them home, his mum shouted no you cant. Hes 31 now had it 6 years, he was all doom and gloom today and totally sick of taking meds, as he left with his 2 little daughters he said it was pizza for dinner,lol.I like the sense of humour some of you guys have but better to laugh then cry right?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast