Thread: Support Group in Michigan?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Support Group in Michigan?

Hi all..
    I'm looking for a WG support group in Michigan, preferably in the region of Crystal Falls. Anyone know of anything there or near?
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I just found the list of support groups on the Vasculitis Foundation website. Hadn't seen it before

Still, if someone by chance knows of others, let me know.

US Support Contacts | Vasculitis Foundation
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.

Doug Guest

I checked locations on Google Earth. It appears the closest person to Crystal Falls, Michigan, who is associated with Vasculitis Foundation's support groups is Kelly Deering in Merrill Wisconsin. It is a three hour drive one way, but Kelly can be contacted at:

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thanks mate! Yes, it seems that Crystal Falls is in the middle of nowhere unfortunately, at least as far as Support Groups are concerned. Have forwarded the info to the individual concerned.
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.

Doug Guest

Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    Thanks mate! Yes, it seems that Crystal Falls is in the middle of nowhere unfortunately, at least as far as Support Groups are concerned. Have forwarded the info to the individual concerned.
    Oh dear! People like me who live in the middle of nowhere are sometimes sensitive to people pointing out the obvious. For example, Lincoln and Omaha are the part of Nebraska known as Eastern Nebraska, or less sensitively "Nebraska", and the rest of the state is known in the east as "outstate Nebraska", as in "not in the...." After the recent War of Succession, in which billions were spent and no ground changed hands, Lincoln-Omaha agreed to refer to us in "outstate" as residents of Greater Nebraska. Why not? It didn't cost them anything, the war was over? Anyway, residents of the part of Michigan northwest and across the lakes prefer to be thought of as Upper Peninsulanders. See a pattern: "Greater" = more than, bigger than, superior to >; "Upper" = above, higher than, superior to, > ? Ain't geography wonderful?
    Last edited by Doug; 05-19-2009 at 06:22 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LOL I failed Geography in school....oh....wait...I didn;t even take Geography in school! Never thought I'd need it

Anyway, I never said there was anything wrong with being in the middle of nowhere
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That "outstate" label is pretty bad. I never heard it before. In New York, NYC is referred to as "the city" and everything else is "upstate."

I really miss living in the middle of nowhere. The Washington, D.C. suburbs are too much "somewhere" for me. Too many somebodies, not enough nobodies.

Doug Guest

Nowhere can be pretty sweet.

Doug Guest

Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    LOL I failed Geography in school....oh....wait...I didn;t even take Geography in school! Never thought I'd need it

Anyway, I never said there was anything wrong with being in the middle of nowhere

Just my point! You innocently suggested the simple truth, and I, someone from one of the nowheres, took "nowhere" as a kick in the shins. (No offense taken, seriously!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Doug!

Outstate in MN means all the state money goes to the cities and "outstate" has to fight for the leftovers.
    Stinks to be outstate!
    But as Sangye says suburbs are too much "somewhere" for me. Too many somebodies, not enough nobodies. "
    Lisa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast