Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *sigh*.. Moonface/Quasimodo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I look at my pictures - even the pictures from my wedding which was just a little over a month ago and I can't believe I was self conscious then.. OMG... between the extra facial hair (not even kidding, atleast I can get rid of that) and all this extra weight (mostly on face and neck, but belly is getting there too) I feel horrible. Like I physically feel.. narsty. I also think somethings up with my throat too as I've got a squeek in my voice and I choked a few times on water.. Awesome.

My friends are all healthy party animals living summer up right now so that's probably part of the reason I'm so bummed. They all try to make it around - but really I'm not much fun right now so I can't blame them.

It doesn't help either that people keep bringing me food.. It's like, seriously? I am trying to avoid this! LOL.. But people don't know what to do.. So they keep bringing me treats to make me feel better. I told them to start bringing me salads!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The salads are a great idea! I wish people would bring me some, because I keep buying salad ingredients and then have a hard time actually getting around to making a salad. But they can be a meal in themselves, with chunks of chicken, nuts, fruits, and lower fat cheese like grated Parmesan. For vegetarians, chunks of firm tofu sauteed in olive oil and seasonings. Throw in a few croutons, too.

I know I had the moon face pretty bad about a year ago when I was at around 30-40 mg. pred. It definitely improved when I got down around 20mg. Now, at 10mg., I think my face is a little round from putting on a few pounds but people tell me it's not the same as the moon face. I also have a bit of a buffalo hump that was noticed prior to dx and pred because I have osteopenia. I don't know how much worse the pred made it, or how bad it is now, but no one mentions it. Things will get better!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Carrie. I can relate to your problems even though I'm not on pred. Must be hard for you, to see these physical changes, especially since you work in the beauty-industry, and looking good is part of the repesentational side of your profession. As others already stated, this medication is needed to save your life, and things will get better in the future... So that's something to hold on to.
    Since the Wegs-diagnose, I also find it harder to look my best. All the things a woman does (if she likes it, and I did) to look good, such as going to the gym and exersize, using face-masks, lotions, body-milks and so on, take a lot of time and energy. Sometimes I don't have that energy, or my arms and legs hurt, so I can't exersize and feel pretty lousy. It takes time to adjust to the new life you get after the diagnose. Some people here call it the 'new normal'.
    I sure hope you will be feeling better soon, and you will find a way to deal with all the changes.
    Take care!
    Living with WG/GPA since june 2010...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The moon face is hard to deal with. I dont know anyone that didnt get it...I found it started to go at about 10mg. How are you feeling now?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12