Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big life change

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Big life change

This week I had a meeting with a client, that I have had a business contract with for 10 years now. I thought the meeting was about various things regarding the fiscal year and my next contract. They dropped a bomb on me, they are not renewing my contract and went with another company. This kind of thru me for a lope. I realize from their perspective that they had to make that decision, (that's business). They have seen me declining with my health (something that you can't hide sometimes)and they are protecting their business. I have been putting off filing for disability in hopes that I would go into remission and everything would go back to normal. I have pushed myself all the time, as we all do, until I end up in the hospital and then reality hits. I don't want to give up, but everytime I see my pcp she ask me have you filed for disability yet. My husband and me spent the weekend at home, talking about this and he says that I'm under to much stress and thinks that this is maybe meant to be. So next week I'm going to a lawyer that does just disability claims and let them handle all the endless paperwork. I know that alot of you have had to give in and go this route with great difficulity. It's just so discouraging at this point. Thanks for listening.

Jana

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm very sorry to hear this, Jana.
    I hope your lawyer will do a good job.
    Keep us posted...
    Living with WG/GPA since june 2010...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry you have to deal with this Jana. I hope that the lawyer is able to help you.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaha View Post
    This week I had a meeting with a client, that I have had a business contract with for 10 years now. I thought the meeting was about various things regarding the fiscal year and my next contract. They dropped a bomb on me, they are not renewing my contract and went with another company. This kind of thru me for a lope. I realize from their perspective that they had to make that decision, (that's business). They have seen me declining with my health (something that you can't hide sometimes)and they are protecting their business. I have been putting off filing for disability in hopes that I would go into remission and everything would go back to normal. I have pushed myself all the time, as we all do, until I end up in the hospital and then reality hits. I don't want to give up, but everytime I see my pcp she ask me have you filed for disability yet. My husband and me spent the weekend at home, talking about this and he says that I'm under to much stress and thinks that this is maybe meant to be. So next week I'm going to a lawyer that does just disability claims and let them handle all the endless paperwork. I know that alot of you have had to give in and go this route with great difficulity. It's just so discouraging at this point. Thanks for listening.

Jana
    Some lawyers just take a percentage of any back payments they get you and don't charge anything unless you receive something too. Sometimes their high fees are a great buy when you consider the stress (toll on your health) they might save you. Best wishes for less stress.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when my rheumy gave me the diagnosis the first thing i said was "so when will i be able to go back to work ".she shuffled the papers on her desk and said "all in good time".i thought that after taking medication and having a little time off i'd be back to work,good as new.after 3 months off i started really stressing out because i felt no better and was worried about my job.the stress caused a flare and i ended back in hospital for a month.i realised then that my working days were over and i had better get used to the idea.everyone is different and in time you may get back to work but stress is a major factor with this disease so i agree with your husband,your health is more important.i wish you good luck.
    john.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is yucky, Jana. But I do agree that your health must come first. I am glad your husband supports you. Please let us know how your thoughts progress.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its not giving in Jaha. Health should always come first.

My mum was in a similiar position when she was becoming more and more ill from Rheumatoid Arthritis and she wouldnt stop, though it meant she was getting up 2 hours earlier than normal in the morning so she wasnt too stiff to walk and came home crying every day. Luckily for her she was being made redundant at the same time so she stuck it out until the redundancy came into effect.

Take this as a sign Jaha and give your body and you time to rest and recouperate.
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you all for listening. I will be okay, after the itial shock wears off. I do have to get up 3hrs early on the days that I am able to work to try to get myself in shape for the public. I'm so blessed to have people like all of you who understand and give me great encouragement.
    Jana

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear this news. I can see the potential for this disease to change the perception of one's life from what you can do to what you can't and focus on the can't. Hope you can focus on the good things you can do and build from there. I know you'll be ok. I can't imagine getting up to go to work while I was sick the past two winters. Just getting out of bed was about all I could manage.

Keep us informed of your progress.

Pete

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so sorry, Jana. It's a big deal to reach that point. I'm glad your husband is supportive of you-- makes it a bit easier at least. Hang in there!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast