Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Endocrinology Update-- Mixed News

Natural Bridge Station, VA; Grandy, NC (OBX); formerly Fredericksburg, VA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of info in this thread -- Sangye, so sorry you are going through so much. You have definitely been a strong supporter in our forum, and I know we all wish you the best in the coming months. Hang tough! Brooke -- congratulations on your special news! Fantastic! Best wishes for a healthy & enjoyable pregnancy! Vdub -- what a struggle you are experiencing! I'm sure the drugs can be overwhelming. I know how important my husband is during all this & hope your wife provides you the same love and support.

I can't tell you how important it is to me to share/listen/interact with you all. Being open to suggestions & new info, and creating a positive environment is what I enjoy most about this forum. Real people experiencing real things. Thanks you all!

KB
    KB -- "The good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge". Bertrand Russell

Dx in September, 2011. Major involvement: kidneys and lungs. Medical implications: fungal pneumonia, drug-induced hepatitis, allergy to fungal meds, ear infections, sinusitis, gall bladder removal, vitreal detachment, and eye cellulitis. Medial meniscus removal (unrelated to WG). Medications: Rtx, Pred 5.0, Lisinopril, Chlorthalidone, Levothyroxin, Omeprazole.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vdub, my gosh it just never seems to end for you. I feel so bad for you that you are having to go thru all this and take all that medicine. You are definately much stronger willed than I could ever be. I truly hope things start looking up for you and they can get u off some of those meds. Take care and keep strong

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For lack of a better name, that's what I'm calling it. The docs haven't really put a name or cause to it. I was on oxycotin for about 5 days for pain and the stuff just sent me through the roof. One of the most horrific things I've ever gone through.
    A bit of an update.... I might have mentioned this somewhere else on the forum, but not sure. About 5 days after all this stuff started (on the 4th of July), I went in for my normal endo blood tests. My thyroid was off the charts high. So, there ya go -- that was the cause of the mental issues. Either a high or low thyroid really causes weird stuff to happen with the thinking process.

My endo called me immediately after rx'ing the report and took me off all my thyroid medicine until it could come back down to normal (about 5 days). And there's absolutely nothing you can do until it washing out of your system. I'm testing my T4 every 4 days now. When it gets back down to where it is supposed to be, I'll start taking light doses of levo until I'm back to normal. It's been quite an experience.

One thing good about these little issues, tho, is that each time something happens I'm learning more and more about the drugs. For instance, I had no idea that my thyroid medicine had such a long half-life. That's good to know in the event I miss a dose or two for some reason.

I'm also learning that it doesn't take much of an imbalance in my drugs to really send me over the edge.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoa, vdub-- that could have been really dangerous. I'm glad they caught it in time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoa, vdub-- that could have been really dangerous. I'm glad they caught it in time.
    I am blessed to have such a good team of docs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Thanks Brooke. I just don't feel very optimistic right now. Things haven't improved in a long time. My last rtx infusion was on June 26, making it 6 years since being dx'ed and being able to work. It really got me down.
    I just want to cry right along with you and then give you a big warm hug. I am so sorry Sangye, I wish I could wave a magic wand and make it all go away, and you wake up because one of your patients is knocking on your office door and all of this has been one crazy dream.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vdub View Post
    I am blessed to have such a good team of docs.
    We are also blessed that you have a good team of docs. The forum is so much richer with you here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vdub..I'm glad they caught the problem and u are on the right track now.I hope u keep getting better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sangye, I'm sorry to hear your news. You have really had a rough ride of it. I know that saying to "hang in there" is just empty words, but really, just try to stay in the moment as I know you always do.

Brooke, that's wonderful news. I know you have been wanting a second child. I have two (both before WG) and it is truly a blessing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dont cry if you cry so will i, i have the problem re weight im just under 100 kilos, please try to not worry.. all of this is out of our hands, just have to go with the flow sending my love cheer up janet x

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast