Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: no appetite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I empathize with you. I have lost my appetite at least three times over the past five years for extended periods and most people joke about it, but it is dreadful. I can't stand the smell of food, the thought of it or watching commercials. Now when I can eat and worry about weight gain I remember those horrible days when I would wake up and think it was another day of food avoidance. I did take Boost and tried carbs. I found a baked potatoe or toast would be okay but could not force meat or other vegetables. My family would take me to a nice restaurant I would ask for a take out box and promise to eat at home but I usually threw it out. Take heart though. Appetite does return. Anxiety over it makes more weight loss in my case. A dietitian and naturapath have good ideas but until that appetite turns on again it's difficult to follow. I found the sense of smell was dulled so I would spray a bit of lavendar on my pillow and it would at least calm me and I would stop obsessing about not wanting food. I wish you well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have not had an appetite for a few weeks either. Lost about 10lbs. I always loose weight in the summer. I hope it gets better for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mama2005 View Post
    I have not had an appetite for a few weeks either. Lost about 10lbs. I always loose weight in the summer. I hope it gets better for you.
    Again, yo have really had a tough go. No wonder your system is not interested in eating. But please take care of yourself--whatever it takes.

Al

Natural Bridge Station, VA; Grandy, NC (OBX); formerly Fredericksburg, VA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my first health questions (as I looked back) was a loss of appetite -- every meal was an ordeal. Two bites and I was "full." Always felt bloated for two hours after eating no matter if I only had a couple of bites. The look of the food on my plate was overwhelming. I couldn't tolerate the thought of eating yet I felt hungry. I've had a few more of these bouts, but not quite so severe. I was also fortunate to lose some weight during prednisone regiment rather than gaining. I'm slowly putting the weight back on now. BUT I'm more than happy to send some to whoever needs a bit extra ...

KB
    KB -- "The good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge". Bertrand Russell

Dx in September, 2011. Major involvement: kidneys and lungs. Medical implications: fungal pneumonia, drug-induced hepatitis, allergy to fungal meds, ear infections, sinusitis, gall bladder removal, vitreal detachment, and eye cellulitis. Medial meniscus removal (unrelated to WG). Medications: Rtx, Pred 5.0, Lisinopril, Chlorthalidone, Levothyroxin, Omeprazole.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123