Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: no appetite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default no appetite

I have had wg for about 5 yrs, from time to time I lose my appetite.. Is this something any of you have had to happen? ty/rt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by randyt1 View Post
    I have had wg for about 5 yrs, from time to time I lose my appetite.. Is this something any of you have had to happen? ty/rt.
    I wish!!! Actually, when I've felt my worst I have had no appetite.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks DD I am feeling OK but not eating much and lost weight, for the last few months I have been drinking Boost, and Breakfast drinks to try to keep my weight up the most I ever was @ 200 lbs and that was when on high dosage of pred.. I am normally around 170 but lost about 15 lbs in 3 months just do not want to eat. Well I guess it is what it is, the Drs. not said nothing about it..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks DD I am feeling OK but not eating much and lost weight, for the last few months I have been drinking Boost, and Breakfast drinks to try to keep my weight up the most I ever was @ 200 lbs and that was when on high dosage of pred.. I am normally around 170 but lost about 15 lbs in 3 months just do not want to eat. Well I guess it is what it is, the Drs. not said nothing about it..
    Give me your adress and I will mail you some of my weight, I can let you have 80 - 100 pounds and there will be no charge.

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before I started treatment, I didn't want to eat anything. Prednisone makes me want to eat, but now that it's dropping my appetite is dropping too.

I did notice though, that even if I don't feel like eating, I usually try to eat my meals and sometimes when I do start to eat I get an appetite. It's strange. It's almost like I need to sit down, take a bite and then it's like.. Oh.. I can eat this! However, there are still days where I think I could eat everything and eat all day, and sleep, and eat some more.

Some days I want to eat everything, some days nothing. It's very weird.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to dig too deep, but there are other reasons for that kind of weight loss...ie. depression, etc. Boost, Ensure, breakfast drinks alone will not do it...gotta eat carbs regularly with them to increase weight. Of course, steroidal intake will do it too, but not recommended. I've been trying mightily to increase my muscle mass but just can't get it done...probably the pred...but the fat sure is still there! Hmmm, I'll mail you some too if you want!! LMAO! Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have started loosing weight, but not sure why. Dropped 15 lbs during the last couple weeks. I do have it to loose tho. No appetite. Not even for beer -- now THAT is weird!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Randy, dietary concerns under the twin blasts of disease and meds can be severe. There is a whole lot to say about this, but for now, I strongly advise talking to a good naturopath. Most MDs are uncomfortable discussing diet and such, but naturopaths are mostly right at home, and will give you the time to talk about it.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I strongly advise talking to a good naturopath
    Nothing against the naturopath proffession, but I think a certified dietian at most all hospitals would be a better choice. The dietians at the hospitals have no stake in selling herbal supplements or vitamins. And, personally, I believe some herbal supplements have a potential to interact with mainstream drugs that we could be on, however, very few people would think to mention to their doc that they are taking supplements. I just think it's dangerous, so I tend to stay very mainstream. But that's just my humble opinion. Others may disagree.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vdub View Post
    Nothing against the naturopath proffession, but I think a certified dietian at most all hospitals would be a better choice. The dietians at the hospitals have no stake in selling herbal supplements or vitamins. And, personally, I believe some herbal supplements have a potential to interact with mainstream drugs that we could be on, however, very few people would think to mention to their doc that they are taking supplements. I just think it's dangerous, so I tend to stay very mainstream. But that's just my humble opinion. Others may disagree.
    for what it's worth, my own experience with hospital dietitians has not been positive. I seemed to know more than they do, which was not encouraging....

Al

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast