Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hard week

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For all those who have lost someone this way: This is so profoundly difficult that it is is hard to know where to start. I know the temptation is to blame someone or some thing, but it is impossible to know what goes through the hearts of others. I am particularly saddened by the effect on the still-living. My own heart goes out to you.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How painful. I ache for you. I have been touched by suicide and it takes a huge piece out you. It's so difficult to understand but I have been so depressed that nothing mattered and realized how my thoughts were tangled. It's hard to think beyond the pain of that moment but thank God I realized I needed help quickly. There is always so much guilt left behind but intellectually I know there is nothing that can be done once a person makes the decision. Heartbreaking as it is you will grieve but possibly appreciate life even more and hold your friend in your heart. Blessings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks all. I am still struggling with all of this but I am trying to keep moving forward. I finally got the courage to read his letter that he left for me ugh it makes life hard. Thanks for your support.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mama2005 View Post
    Thanks all. I am still struggling with all of this but I am trying to keep moving forward. I finally got the courage to read his letter that he left for me ugh it makes life hard. Thanks for your support.
    Courage does come hard, but think of how brave you must be just to live--and think of those you are living for.Even more reason to take extra care of yourself. We love you.

Al

Natural Bridge Station, VA; Grandy, NC (OBX); formerly Fredericksburg, VA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mama, Skipper -- So sorry to hear what you have endured. I understand the others who have commented about the person committing suicide not understanding about the pain of those left behind. A dear friend of mine's husband attempted suicide in June due to an imbalance of his anti-depressants. Fortunately, she came home and found him and he was able to communicate the pills he had taken ... this saved his life. She has shared her experience with others to try and erase the stigma attached to the act & the disease of depression. It also reinforces her strength in seeing things through with him and their family. I hope you find strength in the many kind thoughts of our forum members & those special people in your lives.

KB
    KB -- "The good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge". Bertrand Russell

Dx in September, 2011. Major involvement: kidneys and lungs. Medical implications: fungal pneumonia, drug-induced hepatitis, allergy to fungal meds, ear infections, sinusitis, gall bladder removal, vitreal detachment, and eye cellulitis. Medial meniscus removal (unrelated to WG). Medications: Rtx, Pred 5.0, Lisinopril, Chlorthalidone, Levothyroxin, Omeprazole.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12