Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prednisone and loopy eyes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
    I also have the blurry eye thing happening. Like the eye has a layer of thick mucus over the eyeball and the focusing problems as well.
    Yep, you just described me! I get exactly that. Have booked to see my GP next week (Did ya read that Dee??) I hope its nothing bad but it seems to be happening more and more when i'm driving.
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by carriej22 View Post
    I also work in a salon..
    Not good, Carrie. Cancer rates for people who work in salons are among the highest of all professions, and the drugs for Wegs increase that risk. Being exposed to all those chemicals is extra bad-- very hard on the liver. It might be good to start thinking about a healthier work environment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In regards to your loopy eyes Carrie (and others): it's a good idea to have regular check-ups with an opthalmologist, preferably one who specializes in AI diseases. Your symptoms sound like common pred side effects but you have to make sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If its a pred side effect, will it go away or has it altered my sight permanently??
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pred can cause early cataracts, which of course would not go away if you stopped the pred. Most of the annoying pred side effects do go away, though. The excessive tears, puffy eyes and blurred vision are usually temporary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Pred can cause early cataracts, which of course would not go away if you stopped the pred. Most of the annoying pred side effects do go away, though. The excessive tears, puffy eyes and blurred vision are usually temporary.
    I can speak directly to the cataract issue. My eyes got chewed up pretty badly on pred. Fortunately, the insurance covers the surgery, which is amazing. I've had one eye done, with the other coming next week. No more glasses!

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, there is lots of cancer risk for salon workers - I have watched many a co worker lose their lives due to cancer. I am a third generation salon rat (My grandmother was a hairdresser, so is my Mum. I am an esthetician) so it's pretty much bred into me. However, I only work a few days a week - All my personal products are all natural and free of harsh chemicals, I try to stay away from the color and processing rooms the hairdressers use unless I'm getting my own hair done.

For now it's all I've got - I couldn't imagine going back to school. I rent my own space within a salon so I'm self employed, might venture into a different business area here soon... Just need to get everything back on track first..

Still waiting to see the opthamologist about these eyes, however they seem to be a bit better - depends on the day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Sangye, thanks for letting us know. I have a good book on Wegeners (and other auto immune diseases) that I take with me to the eye doctor so he know what sort of things to be looking for. I also wear my sunglasses everywhere. So hopefully the cataracts will stay away. Bad news: I think I'm going to have to up my pred. Have to call my doc as some wonderful new symptoms have arisen. So it's going to be awhile until my eyes are decent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My eyes have been messed up again for the last few weeks. Weird blur/blob in the middle of my right vision. Can't see Red/Yellow normally with that eye. I see a Opthmalogist again tomorrow to see if anything is up. In an effort to get relief on the vision I tried to lower Pred too fast and really messed my head up pretty good for a few days until I went back up a bit. I'm such a dork sometimes.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh no, Bob. That's the exact recipe for developing elevated intracranial pressure. You don't wanna go there, believe me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast