Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: It just keeps on giving

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michelle....Glad to hear u got a good report and a good doc. I know when I look at my blood reports,if they go up a little I start freaking!! It was interesting to hear about the vitamins. I have osteoporsis and my reumy wanted to take fosamax..but again I'm thinking less is more and the more of this crap I put in my body its gonna come back and really bite me in the a...
    I started taking yoga and what a difference that makes you feel also I've been using almond milk with cereal and just eating differently.But what I was gonna say is my yoga instructor ( who has lupus..and has gotten off meds all together ) suggested I take a multi-vit. Esp one with cal and mag in it. My kidney doc. is giving lectures 1 a month for the next 4 months about holistic approach to a healthier lifestyle,so I'm gonna check those out. But after hearing about your bloodwork and vitimins I'll have to check that out first. O.K. now that I rambled again..Hope u have a save and great trip to the U.S. Where r u going too?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debra C View Post
    Michelle....Glad to hear u got a good report and a good doc. I know when I look at my blood reports,if they go up a little I start freaking!! It was interesting to hear about the vitamins. I have osteoporsis and my reumy wanted to take fosamax..but again I'm thinking less is more and the more of this crap I put in my body its gonna come back and really bite me in the a...
    I started taking yoga and what a difference that makes you feel also I've been using almond milk with cereal and just eating differently.But what I was gonna say is my yoga instructor ( who has lupus..and has gotten off meds all together ) suggested I take a multi-vit. Esp one with cal and mag in it. My kidney doc. is giving lectures 1 a month for the next 4 months about holistic approach to a healthier lifestyle,so I'm gonna check those out. But after hearing about your bloodwork and vitimins I'll have to check that out first. O.K. now that I rambled again..Hope u have a save and great trip to the U.S. Where r u going too?
    Thanks Debra,
    Don't forgot.....my body seems to be the non normal when it comes to taking these things, so the vitamins are probably fine for you

For our trip we had lots of different ideas in mind but its only ten days so we are going to Vegas first, then LA, Anaheim, San Deigo and home again.
    It will be a long trip and action packed and fingers crossed.........a very healthy, eventfree trip
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi michelle what are you doing re medical insurence for usa did you say pre existing ailment ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Janet,

Through Aust Post they do pre-existing and WG, and also Vasculitis, is on the list for an extra $100 or thereabouts
    It is underwritten by Great Lakes of Aust and UK
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debra, please don't take nutritional advice from a yoga instructor, especially when it comes to something as serious as osteoporosis. A holistic doctor is your best bet. MDs lack training in nutrition to guide you. The only thing they have to offer is fosamax, which is a bad choice for most people.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was a lot of great information in this post. Thanks Michelle and happy travelling.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had another Rheumy appointment yesterday morning and got to see the "lovely" head guru again.......she said she likes my file

My last blood results show some improvement and the white cells and inflammation are nearly down to 'within normal' range.

She said that the plaquinel appears to be working well (joint pains have certainly subsided) and I can even start taking a lower dose. Down from 200mg a day to 100mg a day.
    If that doesn't work, then we will try 200mg two days a week and 100mg the other days.

She devised a plan for me to follow if things go belly up when I am on holidays........my fingers are crossed that nothing happens......the main thing will be an increase in pred until I get back home again.

I don't have to go back and see her again until December which is a few days after we return from holidays........she said that way, if things did go belly up, then I wouldn't have to try and get an appointment with her, because I know that I will already be seeing her.

However if things remain stable, even whilst I'm away, then when I see her in December, she will look at reducing the pred but only at 1mg every 4-6 months.
    I am currently holding at 5mg

As an aside, in another post I told you all that I also have RA and Mixed Connective Tissue Disease. I queried her about the MCTD because my blood tests show Negative for MCTD and Negative for Lupus, Negative for Sjorgrens etc.
    And it appears that it is true.......my body is weird.
    Apparantly, I have positive C-ANCA but also have positive ANA which is the indicator for Lupus, MCTD etc........they just don't know what it is yet.......and that folks, is why they are just calling it Wegeners and MCTD .....because something is certainly Mixed Up (her words, not mine......I just said...yep, weird).

I hope everyone is feeling well and you have had (or are having) a good day.

Take care
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like a good report. Why so slow on the pred taper again?

This guru chick sounds good.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    Sounds like a good report. Why so slow on the pred taper again?

This guru chick sounds good.
    I guess because of the other crazy things going on, she just wants to be cautious.

What a joy it's going to be trying to cut those little buggers in halves or quarters.......she said the first trail will be 4 1/2 and see how that goes.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mishb View Post
    I guess because of the other crazy things going on, she just wants to be cautious.

What a joy it's going to be trying to cut those little buggers in halves or quarters.......she said the first trail will be 4 1/2 and see how that goes.
    If you can get the one mg tablets they are scored so they easily break into two pieces. I cut them again and went down by 1/4 every 10-14 days. The percentage of drop increases as the dosages go down so some times they feel bigger and your body might complain or react.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast