Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: some good news

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default some good news

the hospital phoned today to tell me that my hip replacement op has been scheduled for a week on friday.i realise that i wont be able to walk as far as i used to, because of the compromised blood flow to my feet,but to be free of that constant nagging pain will be a relief.
    john.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck with the surgery crackers. I hope everything goes well for you.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad to hear you're getting it done, John! Remind us next week, okay? Some of us have stinky memory.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great news John, is it being done under NHS or private? Last Thursday I was not that far away from you, I took my neighbour up to see his first grandchild at Newton-le-Willows. Unfortunately I was in something of a rush so had to head back south straight away ........ oh by the way, they don't half speak funny in your part of the world, they don't speak proper like what I does

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's on the nhs jim at my local hospital.it's a very good hospital so i've no concerns about it.i've had two previous ops there,one a life saver,and received fantastic care.i may be in a little longer than usual due to being on two blood thinners.they said it may take longer to heal.as for newton-le-willows,otherwise known as the twilight zone,rumour has it that michael jackson drove through there some years ago and was the inspiration for his Thriller video.
    john.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John, Wishing you all the best next week.

Fran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crackers View Post
    it's on the nhs jim at my local hospital.it's a very good hospital so i've no concerns about it.i've had two previous ops there,one a life saver,and received fantastic care.i may be in a little longer than usual due to being on two blood thinners.they said it may take longer to heal.as for newton-le-willows,otherwise known as the twilight zone,rumour has it that michael jackson drove through there some years ago and was the inspiration for his Thriller video.
    john.
    John, re Newton-le-Willows lets just say that I did not leave my car unattended and drove with the doors locked. I am glad to hear that it is a good hospital that you are going to and hope all goes well.

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and then some bad news.hospital phoned this afternoon to say that my surgery had been cancelled due to unforseen circumstances.now i have to wait for a new date whenever that is.to say i'm disappointed is an understatement as the pain today has been particularly bad.
    john.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John, I am very sorry to hear your bad news.

Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crackers View Post
    and then some bad news.hospital phoned this afternoon to say that my surgery had been cancelled due to unforseen circumstances.now i have to wait for a new date whenever that is.to say i'm disappointed is an understatement as the pain today has been particularly bad.
    john.
    Hate those "unforeseen circumstances", John. Let us know when they figure it out.

Al

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast