Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: some good news

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crackers View Post
    and then some bad news.hospital phoned this afternoon to say that my surgery had been cancelled due to unforseen circumstances.now i have to wait for a new date whenever that is.to say i'm disappointed is an understatement as the pain today has been particularly bad.
    john.
    I'm sorry John, that just sucks.
    I hope you can get some pain relief soon
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hang in there, John!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's kind of strange that they would cancel and have to reschedule. I see on the news on this side of the pond that you have been having huge amounts of rain and flooding. Could that possibly be part of the problem? Sorry to hear about the disappointment. I have a knee that will eventually have to be replaced, but I'm going to avoid it for as long as possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vdub View Post
    That's kind of strange that they would cancel and have to reschedule. I see on the news on this side of the pond that you have been having huge amounts of rain and flooding. Could that possibly be part of the problem? Sorry to hear about the disappointment. I have a knee that will eventually have to be replaced, but I'm going to avoid it for as long as possible.
    During the winter when all of our winter visitors are here we sometimes have to cancel "elective" surgeries when we have no beds to admit them to. We use this as a last resort since people are usually very disappointed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

During the winter when all of our winter visitors...
    Hey, wait a minute there... I'm one of those visitors... :-) I won't be this year, tho -- we're going to the southeast.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, wait a minute there... I'm one of those visitors... :-) I won't be this year, tho -- we're going to the southeast.
    We will miss you. We do love our winter visitors and are in the process of building out our other two unfinished floors which will give us 72 more private beds

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from what i can understand the surgeon was due to go on his annual vacation but was able to do a couple of extra days of operations before he went.unfortunately some of the first day surgeries overran causing cancellations of the second day. of which i was one. just the way it goes.it will be my turn soon.
    john.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry your surgery isn't going as planned,but yr doc will be all rested after his holiday. Hang in there,you will feel so much better aferwards.My boyfriend had both of his hips replaced. He could barely walk and now he's do great. Able to hold up a 800lb Harley when we go riding,so I'm sure u will feel like a new man after the recovery.Good luck when it's yr turn .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now you've done it, Debra. John is out shopping for a Harley!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear that, vdub. What an awful time to be in Florida. (Er, is there a good time...?)

Al

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast