Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Pets

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crackers View Post
    beautiful story sangye,it brought a tear to my eye.my wife and i have recently joined a german shepherd rescue association to help find suitable homes for homeless gsd's.i hope we are successful or i'll be wanting to bring them all home with me.
    john.
    That's awesome, John! There's nothing like helping to save lives. It can be heartbreaking because the stream is endless but the joy of finding that perfect home... I don't think there's anything better than that. Kudos to you for helping!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fran, I just loved your story. I adopted my dog Patch 2 weeks after Laika died. He patched my heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psyborg View Post
    Wow...that's funny. Our current dog's name is Freya, for similar reasons We rescued her from the local shelter and she's a bundle of happiness most of the time

I do not like giving an animal a "human" name and there was a lady in my village called Freya, but I just could not think of a more suitable name. I am glad to learn that her spirit lives on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Fran, I just loved your story. I adopted my dog Patch 2 weeks after Laika died. He patched my heart.

Sangye, what a wonderful reason for the name.

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His foster mom named him Patch. I told her I would change it and she was hurt. She said "It's his name and he likes it." I wanted to change it because it sounded like a kindergarten named him. LOL Over the course of a week I tried on many names for him but nothing else would stick. Finally I conceded that Patch truly is his name and he truly does like it. Then I realized that he had already patched my heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This makes me think of Patch Adams.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This photo was emailed to me by a friend, and it clearly shows why you have to have eyes in the back of your head when you have a young animal around. the home.

Jim

Bother the photo has not transferred correctly.

You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    This makes me think of Patch Adams.
    That was actually what I was going to call him, as a concession. LOL But it never stuck. He has a million nicknames--none of them Patch Adams!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CAT.jpg

Cats do get themselves into some intersting positions.

Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They say that people grow to look like their pet, but this seems to be taking things too far.

ATT00001.jpg

Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love my dogs, they are at times my only friends. We have three babies, my husband and I couldn't have any children. Two of which are huge dogs, mastiff and boxer mix, the other one is a mix of golden retriever and maybe chow. This little one came up our driveway two days after getting the mastiff litter mates (Jack and Jill), so we kept him and named him Buddy. Buddy is really a bold dog who does not get along with the male mastiff, so we keep them separated,(which is hard). We just had an incident with him getting into a fight with the mastiff and it ended up after my husband and I tried to separate them that my husband got bite, by Buddy. We had to take him to the ER where he got 11 stitches in his hand. Everybody wants us have him put down, but we can't stand to do that because he is part of the family. So I guess, we will just have to work with him somemore or call in Cesar Manlan.

Jana

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast