User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: have to post new thread to say anything...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default have to post new thread to say anything...

I can only respond to some threads and I eventually get locked out of those as well. I just wanted to reply to the status of chris g (female). we email each other sometimes. The last we talked she and her doctor decided to skip a rituxan treatment as all is going well. as for the rest of the people here that are not here, if their experience with this site is anything like mine it is just not worth trying to participate. as I said for me I can sometimes answer once or twice and then I am locked out completely. I can browse as a guest but that is just not really fun as I want to answer but can not. It is frustrating and dissapointing. I will tell chris to try to pop in and update all of you.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is sad to hear that access to site is such a problem. I have had some intermittent problems for some length of time, except for period when the site was hacked and down for everybody, but generally can get on here if I persist over a few hours, some times even minutes. I know some of the members having trouble are very internet savvy who report no problems with accessing other sites so the problem must be some where in the server or bandwidth to it. I don't know enough about such things to be of any help. I have only had the inability to post a couple of times as it usually works fine for me like now.
    Last edited by drz; 06-20-2012 at 03:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just sent Andrew another e-mail about this. He can not seem to fix this.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad to hear Chris is okay.

I seem to be the only one (or only one of a handful) who never has a problem connecting or posting. It must be awful. I hope Andrew can find a solution!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the rare occasions I've been able to connect, I've been having the same problem. I thought it was just me though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tippon View Post
    On the rare occasions I've been able to connect, I've been having the same problem. I thought it was just me though.
    And until just now I thought it was just me. I will go weeks without even checking in as it is more frustrating than I can stand. I hope I dont need anymore wegeners advice as I would not be able to read it.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me the site itself sometimes takes several attmepts to connect (no pattern I can detect). Also, once on the site and as others here, I can sometimes not display threads of interest. I Emailed Andrew a while ago but had no response so just, frustratingly, live with it. (Guess others tried the same so he was swamped).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andrew: If you see this post, I hope you don't mind me making some suggestions.

If you've got any custom themes or plugins running on the forum, try disabling them. I'm sure none of us would mind, especially if it means the forums work for everyone.

Try changing hosts. Obviously that takes a lot more work, but I'm using Servers free – free web hosting servers, servers for free, free server for a few of my sites, and they seem to be really good

Sorry if these seem like obvious steps, but I find it better to start with the basics first

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still have a hard time getting on too. Like everyone else, I sometimes go days before it will connect and even when I do connect, often times I can't read some posts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the most part I don't have more than intermittent problems, so I feel pretty lucky. Is there anything in common between those who can't connect? I'm guessing it might be the network pathing some of us are taking. I never have issues at home, but frequently do at work.

What browsers do you all use? I use chrome now.
    ~ Bob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast