Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sudden Coughs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got home from today's hospital appointment. It looks like the coughing up blood last Monday, did in fact come from the back of my nasal and drained down my throat while I was brushing my teeth. The blood did "not" come up on its own. The blood work also indicated that I'm still fully in remission. I forgot to ask about the pANCA and cANCA results... I was so excited to hear the news I forgot everything else!

The bad part is because I was on crutches for a whole year up to my hip replacement, it looks like the joint pains is from favouring one side like everybody thought. Now that I'm off the crutches since January of this year, the problems are still there but getting worse on both knees and ankles. So now I just have to get that looked after and treat it as an individual problem. We don't know for sure that is arthritis causing the joints to lock, but we do know what isn't causing it... Wegener's! At least I got some good news today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want to rain on your good news but I'm still skeptical, Chadwyck. None of that accounts for the increasing night sweats-- a classic sign of trouble. I've seen this (and experienced it myself) so many times-- Wegs symptoms explained away as this or that. Increasing joint pain in both knees and ankles is suspect, particularly with the night sweats and sudden bouts of coughing up blood. I'm not convinced about the explanation of the crutches and favoring sides, even with a chiropractic understanding of body mechanics.

I've had numerous flares where my labs still looked great, as if I were in remission. I'm hoping your doctors are right. Please keep a daily log of your symptoms regardless. Be as objective as you can. Denial is a powerful force-- been there, holy smokes done that.
    Last edited by Sangye; 06-19-2012 at 02:29 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking that myself, Sangye. My body won't know to behave just because I'm told I'm in remission. It will still do to me what it ususally does. I always have to remind myself 3 things.

1) I work 1:00PM - 9:00PM

2) The doctor's hours of operation are 8:00AM - 4:30PM

3) Wegener's doesn't follow a schedule, it works when ever it feels like it. I'm the only one that suffers whether I believe what the doctor tells me or not.

I'm more afraid of #3 than anything else. Therefore, I keep an entire log of what happened, how I felt & what I did about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad you're keeping a log. That's the best thing you can do. I suggest rating and/or commenting on the same issues each day so that you can get a good idea of how they're doing over time. For example, every day make a note about pain levels and generally where the pain is. Also, I like to keep record of what major activities I'm able to do and how I respond-- eg. Vacuumed house. Took 2 hours and totally flattened me. Additional info about new symptoms, resolving symptoms etc.. is great of course.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those night sweats scare me too. Listen to Sangye, Chadwyck. Your log is a great start, by the way.

Al

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234