Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My dog is killing the grass

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My dog is killing the grass

My last yard was just a big patch of mud. This one is grass. Nice grass. I'm not able to walk my dogs further outside the yard for potty most times, so they wind up going in the same area. After just 3 weeks of being here there are numerous patched of dead grass from my girl dog's pee. Anyone know of some natural ways to avoid this? I don't want to use the tablets they sell in pet stores that change the dog's pH. That's very dangerous for the dog's health.

One solution I found online:
    1 Sprinkle Baking Soda on the spot. 1 Cup
    2 Sprinkle Some Sugar on the spot. 2 Cups
    3 Sprinkle some baking powder on the spot 2 tbs
    4 Crack two eggs on the spot
    5 1 tsp of vanilla
    6 Half a cup of flour
    Water the area.
    1 month the spot will be green again beside the spot will be six cupcakes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you have a hose in area that you can use to water down spots and dilute the urine? When grass is long enough and watered enough it can often handle some urine without dying.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, that's the solution I'm gonna try first. I can keep a watering can out there and water right after she pees. Thanks vdub.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so glad to see u are back...missed you and water is the safest thing i know to get rid of brown spots...hope your new house os wonderful...i am still trying to get mine together...and my golden retrievers hair undercontrol...wish me luck
    Want to see a miracle? Plant a word of love heartdeep in a person's life. Nuture it with a smile and a prayer and watch what happens...Never underestimate the power of the seed!

My mojo for today.....gonna be johnny apple seed and just keep planting
    Lisa Marie
    The happiness of people is not necessarily to have the best of everything...but make the most of what you have!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sangye, I had two bitches and found watering the grass to solve the problem. I totally agree with your thoughts about not giving your girl tablets, it is bad enough you being on meds without your little furry friends being on them as well.

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks you guys, will do. I had a chuckle at someone called "Dryhill" advising me to water the grass. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Thanks you guys, will do. I had a chuckle at someone called "Dryhill" advising me to water the grass. LOL
    I live on the lower slope of Dryhill. Near the top of the hill you can still see the ditches that surrounded a community dating back to 500BC. What is even more strange about the name is the local water company have an undergrond resevoir at the top of Dryhill.

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ROTFL! What better place to hide the water?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sangye, So glad to see you back and hope you all settle soon because I know it's not easy - so many small niggling problems to solve on top of everything else.

I managed to train my two dogs to use 10ft Sq of slabs on the patio, BUT that was before Wg when I had patience and energy. I didn't think it would work out but after a while they got the message. My neighbours and friends were impressed no end to see the dogs playing on the lawn and then dash down to their corner to spend a penny. Plenty of watering I hope will do the trick.

I think I'll pass on the cupcakes thanks !
    Fran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually that is not strange at all to have an underground reservoir on top of a hill. That way there is natural water pressure in case of a electrical failure.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast