Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Member Map

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michelle, you are in a very large city with lots of urban areas around so the greater population he is drawing from is probably over 6 million people.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    Michelle, you are in a very large city with lots of urban areas around so the greater population he is drawing from is probably over 6 million people.
    So then, there are hundreds, but where are they......give us a pin people
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My opinion is that the forum attracts the weggies who are in particularly bad shape. I believe there are a lot of weggies who have gone into remission and are relatively unscathed by wegs. Only newly-dx'ed people and people with severe cases are on the forum.

Newly-dx'ed people, typically come and go. They come to get some information about their new disease, ask a few questions, but then get bored if they don't have issues that directly apply to them. If they have a light case of wegs which is well controlled, then they have little reason to participate on the forum.

For a very brief moment when I was opened up for Asst Admin, I was able to look at the member numbers, number of posts, when they signed up, when they last posted, etc. Seeing those numbers is what brought me to the above conclusion...

BTW, the Asst Admin tag is just a title. There is no reality behind it. Someday maybe, but I think Andrew feels more comfortable handling things himself as long as he can manage. I would be the same way if it was my forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with you about who comes to the forum, vdub. I've been a member since fall of 2008 and have seen the patterns.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    I agree with you about who comes to the forum, vdub. I've been a member since fall of 2008 and have seen the patterns.
    I agree with both of you, it makes sense. Hopefully those Weggies who are well are living large for the rest of us. May the wind always be at their back and the Weggie dog sound asleep

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd have to agree with you as well vdub. I know 2 other weggies close to me that are on the forum but rarely ever post or come on.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    I'd have to agree with you as well vdub. I know 2 other weggies close to me that are on the forum but rarely ever post or come on.
    When you check the map link: WegMap

you find names on the map that I don't recognize cause they seldom post any comments. Likewise there are people who post a lot that have not put a pin on the map. I also wonder about the large number of people who come and are very active for a short time and then seem to disappear. Hopefully they are all doing well and enjoying their life too much to take time to visit here. Some might get too sick to be active here or lose their internet access. But over all our members here are a rather self selected group of participants and most do not feel the need to be active here. Any thoughts on why?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the mother ship took them back.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Natural Bridge Station, VA; Grandy, NC (OBX); formerly Fredericksburg, VA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll admit I joined the forum early on because I needed info, answers, and to "talk" with folks who knew how I felt and what I was dealing with. Probably the same for all of us. It was my lifeline for quite a while, but I backed off a bit thinking I was too reliant on the "relationships" and needed to be more involved in what was going on in my life (mostly work-related). This spring I was so busy with downsizing after selling my house and moving, I wasn't online much. I was also trying to close out my work and needed to focus continually on what was next in my life. But I missed the forum and all of you in it -- while I haven't needed as much info and answers, I need the connection I feel with you all. It's tough for me to remember everyone, though! I'm getting to know Jack and Al more by reading some of their old posts. Hopefully, I can give a positive thought to a newbie as you did for me. So to make a long story short, we all seem to need the forum in different ways and at different times. Like our disease, we all have different needs. After my interaction with Al's wife Eileen when he passed, I decided to share more of what I do in here with my husband. Good move -- he gets it now when I sit for a while and just read/type!

KB
    KB -- "The good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge". Bertrand Russell

Dx in September, 2011. Major involvement: kidneys and lungs. Medical implications: fungal pneumonia, drug-induced hepatitis, allergy to fungal meds, ear infections, sinusitis, gall bladder removal, vitreal detachment, and eye cellulitis. Medial meniscus removal (unrelated to WG). Medications: Rtx, Pred 5.0, Lisinopril, Chlorthalidone, Levothyroxin, Omeprazole.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123