Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Memory Problems

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Memory Problems

Over the last year probably I have noticed I am increasingly not remembering things - long term really, when someone says to me 'Oh do you remember when xxx', I literally cant remember it at all. I've asked my doctor if any of the treatment I have had causes memory problems and she says not, so I wondered if any of you have experienced anything?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, and to add I am currently on NO treatment - I finished about 7 months ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my memory is not good at all right now and I always had an excellent one. I am putting it down to medications and hope that's right. skipper in canada

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, yes, true for me, too.... partly from getting older but I know the meds are involved. I have a lot of problems with short term memory, but also long term, like remembering people's names.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Memory...hmmm, looking in dictionary...oh, yes...I forgot what it was. Me too...age, drugs, crises, incompetence, etc. And that's just my normal life!! LOL...****happens!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have noticed this as well. I chalk it up to not only the treatment (mostly cytoxan and prednisone) but also to massive and repeated doses of anesthesia. Oh, and the moriphine after surgeries. None of thsi is good for the brain I would imagine.
    "Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died." - Erma Bombeck

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not quite a year ago, as I was in midst of a giant flare, wife took a pic (nurses didn't like that!) of me and my drug stand consisting of, as marked: Demerol, Fentanyl, Ambien, & Propofol...ya think that did any damage?!?! That doesn't count the massive doses of prednisone, and whatever else they were pumping in me to keep me alive! Sheesh! Nevertheless, though these drugs did help save my life, they also must have damaged many neural pathways in the process...don't know, just sayin, doesn't matter now...is what it is. Now what was it I went to the garage for...?????????

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depression-- even mild-- can cause memory loss as well. Pred disrupts the balance of brain chemicals and this does not correct itself immediately even when you go off pred. For some people it never corrects itself.

The other drugs we take are very depleting to the body. Many nutrients are associated with memory issues and are depleted with drugs, chronic inflammation and chronic disease.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll join in in saying my memory isn't as good as it was before I got sick. Whether from the disease or the drugs I couldn't say. I suspect the drugs. It's not *horrible* but I frequently can't remember things I worked on more than a few weeks later without a reminder.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had the embarrassment recently of not being able to bring up someone's first name whom I have known for 10 years! I sat there going through the alphabet. Then when I stopped trying, it popped into my head. That happens a lot, when my mind relaxes a bit, the tidbit of information suddenly appears. A similar thing happens when I'm looking for something I've misplaced, like my glasses or hairbrush.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast