Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bird Cam update

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As of right now the 3rd (last) red-tailed hawk baby hasn't fledged. She's sitting out on the "fledge ledge," which is the ledge beside the nest where the other two fledged from.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I think they should have waited until the last red-tailed hawk baby fledged, but this is still a sweet and beautiful video:
    Hawk Season Highlights - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, the hawklets are SO much prettier than the owlets..... I like seeing them in that middle stage with their fluffy white leggings and interesting dark markings. Nice video.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Personally I think they should have waited until the last red-tailed hawk baby fledged, but this is still a sweet and beautiful video:
    Hawk Season Highlights - YouTube
    I like the edited comments they inserted into the video. It is amazing to me how patient and persistent the parents are in hatching the eggs and working to get food for the babies. I think they exemplify the best of what a good parent should be during their brood rearing season. Good thing they get some breaks between broods.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    I like the edited comments they inserted into the video. It is amazing to me how patient and persistent the parents are in hatching the eggs and working to get food for the babies. I think they exemplify the best of what a good parent should be during their brood rearing season. Good thing they get some breaks between broods.
    The Hawks are very beautiful birds (which I, as a non-prey, can say), and he video is superb. (I will be seeing the Cornell people next week, in case anyone wants me to pass on their regards.)

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    The Hawks are very beautiful birds (which I, as a non-prey, can say), and he video is superb. (I will be seeing the Cornell people next week, in case anyone wants me to pass on their regards.)

Al

You can tell them that many us enjoyed their fine work. I know they would prefer a financial donation and have a link on their video for viewers to do just that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post

Al
    Oh, THAT bird camp! So I guess that is after the concert in Olympia. I'll hear more about it then.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Oh, THAT bird camp! So I guess that is after the concert in Olympia. I'll hear more about it then.
    Anne, the concert is Monday. On Tuesday, I have my one-week cataract check (20-20 in the new eye as of today!), then off to the camp.

Eagles, too, face uncertainty in life, and often must face a future that has shifted on them. Check the following link to read about the legacy of Eddie the Eagle, and how Eve has coped.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still waiting on last red-tailed hawk baby to fledge. Meanwhile, here's an awesome screen capture someone got of her practicing prey stomping.
    Cornell Red Tailed Hawk cam 122 capture#8 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The last red-tailed hawk baby just fledged!!! I was watching all day, taking some breaks to get some stuff done (can't do much because I just had 2nd rtx infusion yesterday). I sat back down and saw them cheering on the chat stream. Thank goodness I knew the chat ran a few seconds faster than my video stream so I saw it. Wow, it was beautiful. I have tears in my eyes. I've never seen a baby bird fledge.

They just posted a video of her fledge. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spEbB...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by Sangye; 06-14-2012 at 08:51 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast