Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: my europe trip

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default my europe trip

Hi all, flew from Vancouver to London last night and onto Berlin. today I'm in Poland. I feel very good and actually its my 24 year old son who is pooped. I wore my diabetes socks so I didn't have swollen feet. I rented a car and today will be driving to my inlaws. When I'm back in London I will post my cell number and maybe we can have UK weggie fest somwhere I have brit rail so can go anywhere
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have a great trip! Thanks for the sock tip-- I might try that. Lots of swelling due to clots.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have an awsome time Jolanta. I've always wanted to go to eastern Europe. There is so much history, beautiful scenery, and beautiful architecture there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm here, no problem on the plane. The socks helped and I had wonerful ankles, now they are a bit swollen so I am trying to keep them up
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the tip about the socks. I ordered some online and can't wait for them to arrive. I have awful swelling that get worse fast with standing and walking. Like my legs and feet fill up like sandbags. Glad you're doing well!

Doug Guest

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Thanks for the tip about the socks. I ordered some online and can't wait for them to arrive. I have awful swelling that get worse fast with standing and walking. Like my legs and feet fill up like sandbags. Glad you're doing well!
    When I first entered treatment, my feet were the size of Polish hams and my toes looked like kielbasas! That's for Jolanta, for whom I feel great envy just now! Though I've familiarity with large chunks of Western Europe, the only way I could have visited Eastern Europe, if at all, during the time I was stationed in WE would have been to wear my US Army dress uniform at all times I was in the east. Clearly that wouldn't have been fun! The alternative would be to risk detention as a spy, also a bad way to spend your holiday.

p.s. I'm a big fan of Chopin and Polish people generally. I've known a lot of them!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Polish hams, LOL. It's actually...pretty...accurate.

I realized last night that I assumed the diabetic socks helped push the edema out of the feet and legs, like the dreaded TED stockings, but without the dread. Apparently, they just accommodate for swelling--no pinching the skin like regular socks. Shoot.

I may have to resort to the compression stockings again. I wore the full-length ones for 6 months after my first clots in '06. Rubber stockings in a heatwave, no air-conditioning. They compress, and the pred was making my legs swell and sweat. I almost passed out numerous times. It was like a torture device. Maybe I'll try the calf-high ones until it gets hot here. There's no way I'll do the full-length again, though. Thanks for letting me let off "steam."

Has anyone else used these?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sangye, the socks are tight and there is no swelling because there is no space, they do not expand. When I get back home I wil let you know the name of the socks I have, so you will not have Polish ham feet no more LOL
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh??? (Sangye's chin lifts off ground...)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it common with WEGS and/or the meds for WEGS to get blot clots in the legs?
    I have always had UGLY legs with "very gross" (varicose) veins and assumed because both my parents have the same issues that it was heriditary. But after being on the pred and MXT for 4 months I started to developed some nasty clot type symptoms in my legs. Maybe it is a part of my BFF's present to me?
    LIsa

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast