Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: my europe trip

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jolanta,
    I am envious of your trip. I soooooo want to get out of dodge. Feeling trapped by Wegs....but after my ENT appt next week, I plan to start travel planning.
    LIsa

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great Lisa, I highly recomend travel as therapy. I take it easy but surprisingly have had no proplems with walking, I simply use my "gimpy" sign even here and park as close to event or historical monument as possible. My hips and ankles give me most grief, but I simply find somwhere to sit a bit and off I go again. Bathrooms are my first priority, so I scout the area first. I found that Poland, at least the cities, is very good and reasonably clean as far as bathrooms and so I have had no problems. Food agrees with me too (maybe way too much). I take my regiment of pills in the morning, buy water bottles and chug along while driving or visiting and all seems to be fine. Onto UK next Monday.
    Jolanta

Doug Guest

YouTube - Bodo Wartke | Ja, Schatz

Just when you thought it was safe to step back and not trip over a bunny....

It's in German, but just watch it a little while, and you will be in awe! I had no choice but to share this with you. Luce: You started something big!

(The essence of it is the guy's tired of being treated like dirt by his wife, he won't take it anymore, and he's planning to murder her with an ax while she sleeps. Humorous, I guess!)
    Last edited by Doug; 05-29-2009 at 12:59 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh dear me... all I can say I wish my bunny could play the piano that well - she stumbles over Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.
    I guess we all have our talent but music isn't my rabbit's lettuce leaf.

Jolanta, I hope the public bathrooms here are as good as Poland's, but I fear you may be somewhat disappointed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Luce, you are right - ugh London's loos are the worst. I visited Plymouth, Durham and York. I adore York, such history from Romans to Vikings to Normans, 17 century battles and Victorian era. I could spend 2 months and not get enough. Before leaving we had a truly York type brunch with yorkshire pudding, yummy. We're back in London and already I want to go. Very dirty and polluted. But the museums should make up for any inconvenience. I'm staying at the Best Western Cromwell until 7th. I get tired sometimes and my son must walk slowly but otherwise all is OK. Just my feet get wonky but with my cane I'm doing good.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah the joys of British Museum. I could happily spend more than one day but allas indigestion from hell cut it short. Also I think I am getting a cold, though I hope it is only allergies - those I can cope with. It is back to Canada for me on Sunday. Hopefuly I will feel OK tomorrow and go the Harrods.
    Jolanta

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234